• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few questions.....

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
1. We have moved house and obv Bun has moved with us; at the moment he gets free range of the garden supervised for approx 6 hours per day(there are some gaps that need fixing in the fence). Obv being a new house with a shed; the intention is for him to move into the shed.....however for the rest od the day I have him on a rug in the kitchen in his run which is approx 5ft x 3.5ft and approx 2.5ft high, is that okay? i feel bad because he is used to free ranging...which brings me to my next question...
2.Is it too cold for him to live in the shed still?, I have ordered him two snugglesafes (well one was meant to be for Hit) but I havent actually done anything to the shed yet (it needs to be moved first, so im waiting for that to be done)
3. the neighbours have this scary looking boxer type muscly dog, the owner was talking in the garden about it catching rabbits and when its out and bun is out, it keeps sniffing around the fence, it freaks bun out for a while and then he just carries on hopping around....luckily it never seems to bark ever, when we move the shed it will be on the opposite side of the garden with a run but Im still worried about the dog???is there anything I can do to make sure it couldnt possibly get at Bun if it managed to dig under the fence or something???(its actually good because the only completely secure side of the garden with no gaps is the bit that their garden is next to...

I guess if the dog was determined to it could get to your bun, is it possible to dig down around the boundary to place a row of bricks in the earth so of it did try digging in there would be a wall in the way.

Not sure how else it could be secured other than your rabbit been in a secure heavy duty metal run which is then pegged down with a large number of pegs

I guess if the dog was determined to it could get to your bun, is it possible to dig down around the boundary to place a row of bricks in the earth so of it did try digging in there would be a wall in the way.

Not sure how else it could be secured other than your rabbit been in a secure heavy duty metal run which is then pegged down with a large number of pegs

Actually its not a bad idea, at the moment because the house is new the turf is really easy to lift up and the soil is pretty soft on top.

Hopefully someone with that kind of experience will come along and maybe mention something different, if I had outdoor buns that's prob what I would do but seen as though mine are all indoor I haven't faced that challenge

Soooo after yesterdays worries, Dan our neighbour popped his head over the fence and said he noticed we had a rabbit, he said his dog is trained to hunt with him at work and likes rabbits (I think he does gamekeeping or something) he said he build something along the bottom of the fence so his dog couldnt dig under :D
Although mostly his dog isnt actually in the garden but I think he said his dog would be frustrated and wouldnt stop sniffing if bun was there and obv it upsets Bun too. Its good that he will do something so I dont have too!

Good to see your neighbour been so proactive, I would just double check what he does to ensure your confident

What a responsible owner. :)
If you do something on your end too you will be doubly safe. :)

yes, i will probably reinforce whatever he does on our side, I imagine it benefits both of us; i guess he doesnt want his dog out there sniffing at the fence all the time and I dont want that either, Im lucky our immediate neighbours havet turned out to be so decent because the rest of our nieghbours are idiots!!!

Back