• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Bonding Vibes Needed Please!!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
A certain Madam Hopscotch (one of Septembers 8 kits) is (hopefully) being bonded with an extremely handsome dutch boy called Joey :love::love:

I have everything crossed for these two as they will make a truly fab couple and possibly be the bounciest and mischievious pair of bunsters I know :lol:

Short vid of Hopscotch (agouti bun) here:

....and the gorgeous Joey :love:
IMG_5789-1.jpg

Last edited:
You know I have all my fingers and toes crossed, bees paws are crossed and so are the piggies feets.
Come on Joey and Hopscotch play nicely xx

awww, missing our little Joey :love: seems very strange not having him here - hope he's being a good boy for Aunty Jill and Hoppy :? All got our fingers crossed here :D x

Hoping for an update sometime tomorrow. If it's going well we may even get pics :shock::love:

Thank you for the lovely photo BeeBee, that gave me a much needed smile :love:

hutch all ready!

Just been finishing off the last bits to the new hutch this morning. Joey's been in it for a few weeks, but has only had access to the top so he's going to be very excited to come home to find a whole new level and run downstairs! :D Think he might struggle on the stairs though at first as they seem a lot steeper than his last ones!!

Just wanted to say a very big thank you (again) to Aunty Fluffers for finding and delivering (!!) the hutch for us :thumb: you have been amazing :D x

So here's some pics of it all cleaned up, sanded, painted and ready for the return of Joey and (fingers crossed) his lovely hunbun :love:

:D
IMG_6128.jpg

Lino on the top floor with a carpet tile for snuggles (will remove this in the hot weather though)
IMG_6131.jpg

Dd wanted to call the hutch Rose Cottage so they have a little chalk door sign and I made them a personalised fleece blanket too for the bedroom :love:
IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

so very excited!!

Oh my :love::love: How fabulous does that look :love::love: Loving all the pretty accessories & the spotty fleece is just :love::love: You've put so much time and effort into it. Very lucky bunsters :love:

You're right - the ramp is very steep :shock: I'd be inclined to extend it by another foot and/or raise it a little (put a thick piece of wood or a couple of bricks under) at the base to lessen the steepness :thumb:

I'm sure I did this with mine :? *scratches head & tries to remember* :oops:

ETA: what have you put on the run roof? I can't see very well but it looks very neat & tidy!

Do I spy a door in one end of the run? :shock::D:thumb:

Last edited:
Oh my :love::love: How fabulous does that look :love::love: Loving all the pretty accessories & the spotty fleece is just :love::love: You've put so much time and effort into it. Very lucky bunsters :love:

You're right - the ramp is very steep :shock: I'd be inclined to extend it by another foot and/or raise it a little (put a thick piece of wood or a couple of bricks under) at the base to lessen the steepness :thumb:

I'm sure I did this with mine :? *scratches head & tries to remember* :oops:

ETA: what have you put on the run roof? I can't see very well but it looks very neat & tidy!

Do I spy a door in one end of the run? :shock::D:thumb:

there's a door on the right hand side of the run so they can hop out onto the lawn ;) really need to level out our paving slabs though - can you see the wood block supporting the middle of the frame at the front! just hoping the wood doesn't distort for now :?

Hub got some panels of corriflute from work for the run roof, so not totally waterproof as it's not one piece but will do for the time being. I couldn't add the corrugated plastic lid as the top doors wouldn't open :(

I've added a side to the stairs and have some blocks to lift it if needed ;) I'm actually thinking that the hole at the top of the stairs seems very small too - think Joey'll have to tuck his ears in to get through :lol:

there's a door on the right hand side of the run so they can hop out onto the lawn ;) really need to level out our paving slabs though - can you see the wood block supporting the middle of the frame at the front! just hoping the wood doesn't distort for now :?

Hub got some panels of corriflute from work for the run roof, so not totally waterproof as it's not one piece but will do for the time being. I couldn't add the corrugated plastic lid as the top doors wouldn't open :(

I've added a side to the stairs and have some blocks to lift it if needed ;) I'm actually thinking that the hole at the top of the stairs seems very small too - think Joey'll have to tuck his ears in to get through :lol:

You have to use the stuff with the small 'humps' for want of a better description! Homebase sell two types. I think it's about £7.50 for a sheet. If it's screwed down firmly the doors will JUST open over the top ;) You could just use some tarpaulin over the summer though :D

Well done re. the run door :thumb: I wondered if you might do this! Brilliant & so neat & tidy (much better than mine) :thumb:

Measure the ramp hole size & I'll measure the one here & tell you if it's the same! I'd definitely raise the ramp a bit, I did that to mine (as well as making it longer - checked that now!) and it seemed to make things much more comfortable for them. You could always rest it on a box of some sort and then put a couple of bricks at the end/next to it, making two steps up before getting to the ramp. I hope that makes sense!!

Back