• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lux Rabbit

Mollyrose

Warren Scout
Anyone have pictures of this breed? ive seen it in a book, - Stunning Coloured coat, Lilac/Yellow/Opal Colour, Its not even on Google!? :shock: Possibly may have a different name these days.. Just wondering if anyone has any info on it :) x

its a very rare breed in this country so doubt many will have heard of it..was developed from other breeds about 100 years ago..better known abroad than here
Search Perlfee rabbit as similar but Lux a bit larger I think :?

Also saw this in an old rabbit care book, no one in the UK breeds them, I'm not sure if they're still around anywhere else but I have never heard of them except in the book, the picture if I remember rightly is of a mother and babies, she did look similar to a perlfee

Actually no they're extremely similar (if not the same as) our wheaten lynx (I found an image on a foreign site of the 'Lux' and it looks identical to the BRC's picture of the wheaten lynx), these are extinct here I believe, search 'lux kanin' and some images come up

Btw when you search 'wheaten lynx' a picture I took at a show a few years ago will come up, I captioned it wheaten lynx but it may infact be just a wheaten :oops:

Wheaten Lynx are gorgeous! and have a Similar Coat Colour to the 'Lux' Lovely, Thanks for Sharing :) info' !:D

Do not search "lux canin" on images :cry:

Hmm google images with 'moderate safe search' doesn't bring up anything bad? Sorry if my search suggestion came up with some nasty results, different settings/search engines probably bring up very different things

Back