• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just heard good news on Facebook about PAH in edinburgh

Collielover

Mama Doe
This is what I have just read I dont know all the details but it looks like they are inally doing somthing

Buddies Bunny Rescue
We have just heard some VERY exciting news from our local Pets at Home store! They are participating in a trial which will see them selling only vaccinated, health chkd and NEUTERED rabbits!! We don't have a lot of info yet but if this is the case and is spread out nationwide what a AMAZING difference it will make to many rabbits lives and will hopefully mean rescues such as us are not so burdened with the stress of being overrun with unexpected litters etc. More info as soon as we get it! Emma x

I can't quite believe it :shock:

Lets hope it sets a precedent and changes peoples views of rabbits, rather than just pushing them to shops with lower standards.

Ooo that should be interesting although I wonder if this will be reflected in their prices

So your £25 rabbit will become, what, £75? £20 each for each vacc, plus a spay/neuter, plus the cost of the bunny, with a little subsidisation.

Great idea, but i can't see HO accepting the massive loss of profits, to be honest and outlay that it will cost them.

I'd be interested to follow this sotry, if you could post the link that would be great, or PM, if you'd rather.

Yes I just saw this, brilliant news!

I personally think they should sell the rabbits at the normal price, plus cost (at cost price so whatever p@h pay) for the neuter and spay. It will maintain their profits, which HO will like, but also reduce impulse purchases. I'm sure I read somewhere that the livestock are loss leaders anyway so they may not mind the reduction in demand!

That's brilliant, the prices will put people off though, which could make things even worse (people going to even worse shops or really dodgy byb's) :/

It's certainly the responsible option but unless the prices are kept the same I can see people going elsewhere. Then PAH have an excuse to say "well... we did try to be responsible but there was no demand for spayed/neutered and vaccinated buns". I hope I'm wrong.

Back