• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please for Charlie vet's Tomorrow/ We have to say goodbye.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Mike took our Chinchilla bun Charlie to the emergency vets last night as he was constantly sneezing and his eyes were running. Our vet luckily was working at the vet's Mike took Charlie to and she had a look at him and he has polpys up the entrance to his left and right nostril and it's badly infected behind the polpys. His companion Ruby is his Sister and she had polpys on her lady bits and had them removed last year and so far ( touch wood) they have not grown back. Charlie has also polpys up his bottom and the vet can't remove them due to where they are and at the moment they have only grown a little.
Our vet has said that it's not looking good, Charlie is back at the vet's tomorrow and she is going to give him a GA and take a look down his nose while he is under if he only has the two polpys at the entrance of the nostril she can remove them but if there are more further down then he may have to be pts as she can't remove them and they will grow and eventually suffocate him.

We have 4 buns at the vet's tomorrow, 2 for check up's, 1 for a dental and Charlie and I am so worried what Charlie's outcome will be as he is so alert and eating and healthy apart from the polpy's, it just isn't fair he doesn't deserve this :cry:

Please please can I have Vibes for Charlie as he is much loved by us and by Ruby

Thank You.

Charlie.
RubyCharlie5-2-11014.jpg

Last edited:
Buckets of vibes for Charlie and all the other buns you have at the vets tomorrow.

I hope everything goes as well as expected :wave:

I'm so sorry. :( I hope there aren't any more polyps further up Charlie's nose and, fingers crossed, the two they've found can be removed and Charlie will make a full recovery. Lots of vibes from me for all your poorly bunnies. xxx

Update

Sadly it's not good news we have to let Charlie go as the polyps in his nose are very bad and our growing up his nose , Mike is going back to the vets to be with him when they put him to sleep.
I'm sorry I just can't write anymore I am a total mess
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Im so sorry the news wasn't better :cry: Sending big (((HUGS))) and peaceful passing vibes for your gorgeous Charlie :(

I am so so sorry :( It is so hard to let them go when they are otherwise bright and eating, but so much better for them that it is caught early and they don't get the chance to suffer.

Thinking of you all xx

Back