• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Medicine

batmobile

Mama Doe
Hi. As a lot of you know,I have a very poorly bunster. She needs a very high dose of Baytril twice daily. It is becoming v difficult to administer as she fights me more&more. The stress can't be helping her pneumonia &breathing &its upsetting me lots too. Any advice pleeeeease?

Last edited:
Antibs are working ok,bigger risk to change them as potentially worse side effects. I work full time so couldn't get her to the vet twice daily for drugs. Plus the journey would dress her too. :( its a fair way from me.

Antibs are working ok,bigger risk to change them as potentially worse side effects. I work full time so couldn't get her to the vet twice daily for drugs. Plus the journey would dress her too. :( its a fair way from me.

I more meant, other abx to give at home. Eg, something thats more tasty to rabbits?

I mean that you do the injections at home. When given by injection Baytril is usually best administered once a day.

I'm useless as syringe feeding, too stressful for myself and Doughnut. I put it on a tiny piece of weetabix, she eats it then and enjoys it.

Had to give her Baytril a few weeks ago as well as panacur and fibreplex. If she can still taste the baytril on the weetabix or smell it and won't eat it I put a bit of fibre plex over it as she loves it and fibreplex won't do any harm.

I mush it up in a small piece of banana. Because banana is quite a strong taste it seems to mask it well (well enough for madam to eat it anyway)

I've always put baytril on bread. Grim has 1.34ml and I sort of inject a bit of crust with it so as not to loose any. The only trouble I have is distracting Smoo while he eats it.

Back