• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet plan

Katie1504

Young Bun
My vets have given me 4 weeks free cover this morning for my 2 new rabbits. It is with pet plan. Are they any good and should I carry on with the cover when it has finished?

My vets have given me 4 weeks free cover this morning for my 2 new rabbits. It is with pet plan. Are they any good and should I carry on with the cover when it has finished?

I think they are probably considered one of the best insurers for rabbits, so if you can cover the ongoing payments it's worth staying with them. They are more expensive than some others, but I think their cover is a little more comprehensive :)

There was an excellent article not so long ago about comparing insurers, will try and find it...

ETA: here is the article: http://www.hoppingmad.org/E3/insurance.htm

I'm with PetPlan: about £24 a month for two rabbits. I've only claimed once and they settled it fairly quickly. I've just submitted another claim, so hopefully they will settle that too in the near future.

Even if you choose to go with another company, I would strongly recommend you take out insurance (unless you have a good amount set aside for vets) as bills can mount up to £hundreds very quickly.

Thats a big help. Thanks. I am going to look into it. I was asked about it with Timmy but I went into hospital when I got all the phone calls about it so I couldnt really sort anything but now I have 3 rabbits and 2 more on the way I think it would be a really good idea.

Pet plan are the best (imo). We have all 4 of ours covered. And i can honestly say after claiming for both Shauny and Little Oscar~D (totalling 1000+) i would never switch and would always be insured by them. They have paid the claim direct to our vets practice, been quick and have never 'quibbled' . I think they are a little more expensive than others (but not by much). The piece of mind for me is worth it. Im a pet plan chick all the way!:D

Definitely Petplan. We've claimed just over £1700 in one month for Ted's stasis and they paid up straight away. Could not fault them.

Oh gosh ok... Sounds like it is worth it. I mentioned it to my oh last night and he told me not to be so silly.....lol.

Back