• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so many bunnies and I want them all :(

megansmummy

Mama Doe
So hubby is sort of half agreeing that we can add to our bunny family...im getting there with him! I came accross a local resuce that I didnt know of (found them whilst looking for holiday boarding for the girls!)...they have so many gorgeous buns and Im scared to visit becuase I just know I will want them all...she lady that runs it said she has at least 100 buns in at the moment :(

I spotted a male/female pair and really liked them...

then i noticed they have dutch babies that need homes... :love:

THEN i came accross a trio of lop girlies and they are just so cute and the lady said rehoming any is really tough going at the moment so they dont have much hope for the trio getting a forever home anytime soon :(

I want them all :( Oh and I still want carrot and broccoli becuase i have been looking at them for so long! :( Arg!!

It's horrible isn't it :( I always want to rescue them all too, I can't bear to think that they were all unwanted and unloved :( i just don't get it at all :(

I know :(

In my hearts of hearts i would like to go and meet the trio becuase I know they will likely spend so long in rescue...but then my sensible head kicks in and tells me that would take me to 5 buns which is a big jump from 2!!

427533_147609145361137_100003361574679_169329_34590402_n.jpg

396423_135778116544240_100003361574679_135481_476458240_n.jpg

Their write up says they are lops...any idea what kind?

This is the pair that I also like~
430159_10150716877356259_118551931258_11826822_1514264205_n.jpg

:love: Gosh. they are all beautiful.

I can understand your dilemma, I think if you thought you could cope taking the trio would help the rescue and 2 are easier to rehome (like you are thinking now). If it is too many for you to look after (you have to think of vet bills too), go for a pair.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

It is hard when you visit a rescue as there are so many that tug at your heartstrings. I volunteer at a rescue with 100+ rabbits and it is upsetting when you see so many rabbits waiting for their forever home.

It's true, trios are more difficult to rehome as not everyone is prepared to take on 3 rabbits. I have two sets of trios and I don't find them any more work than pairs for actually looking after, but there is the financial aspect to bear in mind when taking on a trio rather than a pair.

The bunnies in the pics all look gorgeous, what a difficult decision you are going to have......Good Luck. :wave:

I have to say, on a day to day basis 3 is not harder to look after. The main thing is money for vet bills, vaccs etc.

It was the feelings you are having that led me to start fostering. That way my extra hutch space could be used to help more than two or three buns. Count since starting last Feb is 15 fosters.

Thank you :)

The trio *could* live in the shed and would be insured but there is the excess to think about should they all fall poorly the same month! :shock: Hay and food is no bother as i get hay from the farm and its so cheap! I only feed a tiny amount of pellets so a big bag would last a long time...I have found a local supplier of megazorb so dont have to pay delivery and the lady who runs the rescue is the lady who i have P&D booked with for holiday boarding and she has offered me a discount on a second booking if I was to rescue from their place...

But the pair are also beautiful and I dont have any boy pets so the thought of a wifey/husbun is so cute :love:

I know hubby would be hesitant about the trio since its adding three more buns but I just feel so sorry for them :(

Well having thought quite alot last night...given that lops can be slightly more prone to teeth problems and ear problems and that I havnt ever owned a lop before I think the trio might be a bit much for me :( Im going to go along to the rescue and see who else they have...I love the couple and they are only young at 8 months but i feel like im going for ones that might be easily adopted by someone else...I think the best thing to do is to go and look round :) I know they have a group of 5 B&w dutchies :love: but im deffinatly pushing my luck there!! :lol:

You are right to be sensible and not take on more than you know you can definitely manage.

Whenever I've had to choose a bunny, I've gone for ones which aren't popular choices for other people, the ones which will spend ages in rescue while other prettier bunnies come and go. Red-eyed whites, agoutis and black bunnies tend to spend longer in rescues, which is so sad. My latest addition is Roo and he's a red-eyed white, I chose him just because I knew he'd be destined for a long stay in the rescue.

Another way I've chosen is to take the bunnies that have been in rescue the longest. The trio of girls in my signature were in the rescue for over 2 years.

Choosing is so hard as all bunnies deserve a loving home.

Back