• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For anyone worried about the little Blind Nethie on GUMTREE - new pics post 166

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know how many people saw the posts about the blind Nethie on Gumtree as I asked for them to be removed for now as we had already made arrangements with the owner to take him here.

Anyway I am so excited to report that Little Stevie is now on his way to his forever home as a Rainbow Rabbit :love::love: His owner rescued him a few months ago but is no longer in a position to keep him. She loves him dearly in her own way and was distraught about letting him go, but I have a feeling she didn't know what to do for the best for him out of ignorance rather than neglect. The owner was very aware of the worries involved in letting a bunny go on gumtree and got references from our vet and we even paid a tiny fee for his cage just so she was completely happy that he wasn't going as snake food :D

From what Steve has quickly told me his eyes are a mess. One has sunken into his head and looks like it will need removing :? The other is a complete cataract, he is only a baby :(

His cage is small but so is he! He will stay in it for a few days just so he has somewhere familiar. He came with lots of hay, toys and food, although Steve described the food as - you know that, stuff squashed peas and cr@p!

I am so relieved this has worked out and can't wait for Big Steve to get home with tiny Stevie :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Awwww, Big Steve and Tiny Stevie. :D:lol:

I'm so glad the little man is safe and I can't wait to hear more about him. :love::love:

He would be closer by now but half of Norwich is shut to the sport relief mile, so not the best day to navigate a new city :lol:

Awwwww well done :) can't wait to hear how he is doing. I am sure she meant well but didn't know the needs of such a disabled bunny. Send her a picture to let her know he is having a great time being a rainbow bunny :thumb:

You mustn't allow Steve to rename the little fellow.;) Hoping Big Steve, little Stevie and of course Lacey too have as smooth a journey as can be expected on a busy warm Sunday afternoon.

Woohoo. I was about ready to go and get him too. :D
I'm so glad he's with you, that's the best possible result for him. I will need lots of updates. :wave:

Woohoo. I was about ready to go and get him too. :D
I'm so glad he's with you, that's the best possible result for him. I will need lots of updates. :wave:

Of course ;)

For those that didn't see the ad, this is Stevie

stevie.jpg

Awwwww well done :) can't wait to hear how he is doing. I am sure she meant well but didn't know the needs of such a disabled bunny. Send her a picture to let her know he is having a great time being a rainbow bunny :thumb:

I am sure that is true, she had him insured and everything. She had toilet trained him with his poos but not his wee. However he is not castrated yet as he is young and so small, so understandably he makes a mess just now. She is having a baby and felt that a tiny blind weeing house bunny and a new baby wouldn't be the best mix and I completely agree. He needs stability and a stress free life which is what he will get here, along with all the medical treatment he needs of course :D

i have offered to keep her updated but she hasn't taken me up on the offer, maybe it would be too upsetting for her :?

I am sure that is true, she had him insured and everything. She had toilet trained him with his poos but not his wee. However he is not castrated yet as he is young and so small, so understandably he makes a mess just now. She is having a baby and felt that a tiny blind weeing house bunny and a new baby wouldn't be the best mix and I completely agree. He needs stability and a stress free life which is what he will get here, along with all the medical treatment he needs of course :D

i have offered to keep her updated but she hasn't taken me up on the offer, maybe it would be too upsetting for her :?

Yes and when that baby gets to that age and everything it would probably be distressing for such a little one that can't see. He will be in a environment that knows its stuff about vet and medicine care with you :) aww it's a shame she didn't want to keep updated but I guess it might be a little upsetting...

Yes and when that baby gets to that age and everything it would probably be distressing for such a little one that can't see. He will be in a environment that knows its stuff about vet and medicine care with you :) aww it's a shame she didn't want to keep updated but I guess it might be a little upsetting...

Exactly, a tiny blind bunny wouldn't cope with baby toys or even a baby in the middle of the floor and once the baby becomes a toddler I would be scared that it would get trampled. She said if she had a garden she would have built him a lovely run outside but they lived in a flat with no outside space :(

Oh Stevie :love: I remember seeing the ad a few times on the gumtree facebook page 'make gumtree animal free' I think it is. I felt so sorry for him :( but he will be so happy with you :love:

Exactly, a tiny blind bunny wouldn't cope with baby toys or even a baby in the middle of the floor and once the baby becomes a toddler I would be scared that it would get trampled. She said if she had a garden she would have built him a lovely run outside but they lived in a flat with no outside space :(

Exactly. Its best he is with someone who can give him the care he really needs like you :) can't wait to see pictures of him in his new home

Bless him he is a tiny fluff ball, but he is skin and bone underneath the fluff. I think he is male but he has no testicles :? I am not sure how old he is but thought he should have them by now.

Both eyes are infected and one is sunken into his head. I don't think he would survive an eye removal at this point.

Anyone wanting pictures?????? ;)

Back