• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

aimz

Young Bun
Hi, Does anyone have any ideas or advice on rabbit insurance, and which is the best company to use? I've not insured a rabbit before, only got the cats insured.

Thanks
Amy

Well I use Petplans covered for life policy I think it's about £8/£9 a month per bunny but I haven't had any problems with them and they pay the vet directly 

PetPlan are the best. P@H for LIFE policy is also good. There are loads of threads on the issue if you do a search

We have P@H lifetime insurance for our two and its £13.12 per month for both (£75 excess)...we have had to claim (stasis) and they paid out quickly with no fuss :)

I have had a look at Petplan but they want £13 per month for one rabbit.

Did you get the online discount? I think they offer 10% or so. If you have multiple bunnies, or insurance with them for other animals, they have a multi pet discount I think.

Petplan really are the most comprehensive cover though.

Yep thats with the online discount, am still looking around but not finding very many to be honest, i think in total ive come across three or four.
Can anyone give me some names of companies at all, a couple of you have posted some, but if anyone has any suggestions, i would be most greatful!

Thankyou

Yep thats with the online discount, am still looking around but not finding very many to be honest, i think in total ive come across three or four.
Can anyone give me some names of companies at all, a couple of you have posted some, but if anyone has any suggestions, i would be most greatful!

Thankyou

I think Petplan and P@H are the main ones, I couldn't actually name any others but I think they're not as comprehensive. We're with Petplan, they have a £2k per condition per year limit which sounds loads but if I tell you our Ted cost just over £1700 in one month with stasis it doesn't look as much. I don't think any other company has as high a claim amount. We pay £23 a month for two bunnies.

I think I might go with p@h as its a good policy and a bit cheaper too. I was with petplan once before and apart from the expensive price, they wasnt very helpful. was with them when ihad my horse. so am not sure.

I've gone with exotic pets direct for both my buns. Unfortunately I Had to claim but they were great and paid out very quickly. Their staff were also very knowledgable about buns which helped when I phoned to explain the diagnosis.

Back