• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap rabbit jumps

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
I understand the controvery with the topic, i am interested in this for fun, as one of my rabbits would benefit hugely from the stimultion, should she decide to try it. Where is the best (and cheapest) place to buy them? I understand Dee Millen sells them, but as its a breeders shop i dont want to support it if it can be avoided :D.

Quite a few of the younger members have these, they might be able to suggest a seller if homemade doesn't work out.

I understand the controvery with the topic, i am interested in this for fun, as one of my rabbits would benefit hugely from the stimultion, should she decide to try it. Where is the best (and cheapest) place to buy them? I understand Dee Millen sells them, but as its a breeders shop i dont want to support it if it can be avoided :D.

I wanted to ask this the other day :thumb:. A rabbit that I'm adopting currently (picking her up from the rescue tomorrow) I feel would benefit hugely from the stimulation of jumping for fun (in the back garden) and is already used to and very comfortable in a harness (even though I doubt I would use a harness!) - but I also was a bit scared to ask for fear of criticism from other members. :?

Shame really, but good on you for asking :)

would dog ones do...........all depends what one of yours sharon its for . We have Rosies ones here you could try her out on

There is no one except Dee Millen in the UK that sells the proper jumps, you can buy them from Sweden/Denmark but they're very expensive :/ You're probably best trying to make your own, or asking a joiner. For now you could just try putting some garden canes on plant pots, see how they take to it before spending money

Sharon you know someone who could probally build them Alison . Think you should give her a few hints . HINT HINT Alisonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I wanted to ask this the other day :thumb:. A rabbit that I'm adopting currently (picking her up from the rescue tomorrow) I feel would benefit hugely from the stimulation of jumping for fun (in the back garden) and is already used to and very comfortable in a harness (even though I doubt I would use a harness!) - but I also was a bit scared to ask for fear of criticism from other members. :?

Shame really, but good on you for asking :)

Well, the reason i asked is because they had rabbit jumping at the Buddies Bunny rescue day yesterday, and the rabbits happily jumped to rattling box of food, without a harness :D. This is the Dee Millen site if your interested http://www.deemillen.co.uk/index.php?cPath=195_196 but like others suggested to me, may be best to build some :D. I was like you, a bit worried to ask, but at the end of the day, i know how to care for my rabbits so if people want to criticise, let them get on with it :D

would dog ones do...........all depends what one of yours sharon its for . We have Rosies ones here you could try her out on

Its for Willow, she can jump high! Morgan said he will build me some, being a builder, he will manage im sure :D. Thanks fr the offer on Rosie's, think they may be a bit big for little Willow.

There is no one except Dee Millen in the UK that sells the proper jumps, you can buy them from Sweden/Denmark but they're very expensive :/ You're probably best trying to make your own, or asking a joiner. For now you could just try putting some garden canes on plant pots, see how they take to it before spending money

Good plan with the plant pots :thumb:

Just make sure when making them that the dowels/poles will fall off with the slightest knock when bun is jumping over them.

I have nothing against jumping when in the garden. (Afterall, rabbits like to jump when THEY choose to) It's the shows I'm not a fan of at all!!

I can't see a name for the bun but I hope she's stimulated by them! Get some piccies for us!! :D:D

Just make sure when making them that the dowels/poles will fall off with the slightest knock when bun is jumping over them.

I have nothing against jumping when in the garden. (Afterall, rabbits like to jump when THEY choose to) It's the shows I'm not a fan of at all!!

I can't see a name for the bun but I hope she's stimulated by them! Get some piccies for us!! :D:D

I agree, it should be for FUN. Willow (the bunnies name which was mentioned in my above post ;)) can jump from the floor to the back of the couch in an easy hop, she loves to jump and run, i believe she would enjoy it :D if not, then no harm done.

I agree, it should be for FUN. Willow (the bunnies name which was mentioned in my above post ;)) can jump from the floor to the back of the couch in an easy hop, she loves to jump and run, i believe she would enjoy it :D if not, then no harm done.

I hope there will be piccies if she enjoys it! ;) :D I used plant pots and a garden cane for Beano but she wasn't interested, was one of her first few times free ranging the garden though so she was more interested in exploring :)

I didn't look hard enough! :roll:

My River would probably prefer to knock through the jumps, rather than go over them, but for a bun who loves it they'd be great.

Before you spend the money on the wood to make them you could try a dowel/broom handle on flowerpots, to see if she takes to it!

I hope there will be piccies if she enjoys it! ;) :D I used plant pots and a garden cane for Beano but she wasn't interested, was one of her first few times free ranging the garden though so she was more interested in exploring :)

:lol: cant blame her really.

I didn't look hard enough! :roll:

My River would probably prefer to knock through the jumps, rather than go over them, but for a bun who loves it they'd be great.

Before you spend the money on the wood to make them you could try a dowel/broom handle on flowerpots, to see if she takes to it!

I think the rest of my buns would look at me like i was stupid :lol:, but Willow is a bit different, she goes out of her way to jump, whereas my others would, like your River, just barge about :lol:

:wave: Hi :) My Dad made me 3 jumps today and they're great. The poles knock off from both sides when touched like they're meant to. They were really cheap to make too. Will post pics of them soon. x

ETA: My bunny jumps for fun and he loves it. :D The only reason we'd go to a show is promote the fact that bunnies need exercise but that would only be with a bunny who's ok travelling and used to noise etc, all my buns are fine with that and I went to a few with my Jasper, RIP. :cry: A new idea that's being brought in for shows is to have each bunny jumping for a different rescue and which ever bunny wins then some money will go towards that rescue. :love: I think it's a lovely idea but of course only rabbits used to the show surroundings would do this.

Last edited:
Well, the reason i asked is because they had rabbit jumping at the Buddies Bunny rescue day yesterday, and the rabbits happily jumped to rattling box of food, without a harness :D. This is the Dee Millen site if your interested http://www.deemillen.co.uk/index.php?cPath=195_196 but like others suggested to me, may be best to build some :D. I was like you, a bit worried to ask, but at the end of the day, i know how to care for my rabbits so if people want to criticise, let them get on with it :D

Thank you for coming :) Yeh we had the rabbits off lead most of the day as we had a pen, they both had a great time :)

Back