• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A traffic jam, a stomping and a fox!

Fatfish

Young Bun
Hi all,

Today I brought home Nancy!

P3230009.jpg

P3230008.jpg

P3230011.jpg

It's been a two week wait, she almost got destroyed for her bad teeth by the RSPCA but she's here!

It's not been a stress free day for poor Nancy. First this strange person came and put her in a hot car, which took forever as the strange person hit a huge traffic jam (thanks to the nasty crash on the M5 unfortunately). Then she meets another rabbit who "stomps" her (my partners term, meaning got dominated). Then just as she's stretched out enjoying some peace and quiet in the sun the strange person come screeching down the garden in hot pursuit of a fox which has wondered into her new garden (the first I have seen in three years and it comes in the middle of a warm sunny spring day!)!

But, despite all this this gorgeous girl has stretched and rolled luxuriantly on the grass, done a number of happy binkies and just generally seems to know that's she's finally home!

P3230003.jpg

P3230004.jpg

Welcome home Nancy! :love:

:love::love::love::love:gorgeous bun! what a day! Make sure she has lots of hay and a bowl of water - they find it easier to drink from bowls...especially in warmer weather;) and perhaps change the sawdust to aubiose/megazorb ...and those seeds hanging in the cage are not great for buns;) Hope her teeth are not too bad...hay can really help with teeth! They both beautiful bunnies!:love::love::wave:

They don't get the seed treats often, just a little welcome present so she knows she come somewhere nice! I traditionally use a shredded bedding, Nancy's on sawdust as she's in a small cage while she and Casta are getting to know each other, it's handly for keeping a confined space fresh and dry. She has both bottle and bowl, my rabbits have always used bottles but wanted to give Nancy both till I was sure she was happy with the bottle.

Nancy tried a little free ranging in the garden today, I sat out with them after the fox event yesterday and Nance, gorgeous sweet little bundle that she is, stuck close to me as a recognisable safe thing! How proud am I!? She did explore every nook and cranny though and had several satisfying naps in the shade of my chair. She was more than happy to let me pick her up so we had no issues at the end of playtime with going back to bed. Now if her and Casta could just settle down! They're not fighting vilently, but a few tufts of fur have gone flying and there's lots of chasing each other about! Must be patient!

Back