• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leather Fetish

Dave81

Mama Doe
Does anyone else have rabbits who seem to have a leather fetish?

Mine are forever trying to get to the leather on the sofa and have succeeded in places. They also go for my mums shoes when she comes around

I'm not sure that is specific to leather :lol: I don't know for mine with leather though because we don't have anything much leathery here.

Mine insist on trying to get to the leather on my sofa, I have put throws over to stop them so now they dig at them to put holes in so they can get to the sofa :lol:

Jezebel decided to get up on the sofa with me earlier I was thinking oh look she wants a cuddle but no she had seen the throw been moved so off she went to the arm to nibble at some more leather. Ha I had to pick her up and give her a hug then put her on the floor.

I swear this leather is like cat nip for rabbits

I'm trying to wean them off sofas so they don't wreck new ones when I get them, although would go for fabric this time then make sure they are fully rabbit proofed

Buckley's favourite things to chew are shoes. He sees leather shoes as something of a delicacy. He prefers them if they have heels as then they are like leather covered sticks.

Back