• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding advice needed please

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
i had lola spayed about 2 weeks ago the vet has given the all clear and said she couldnt believe how well she has coped with it, her fur has basically come back, you can only just see where she was cut because of all her fur

i am just wondering when i can introduce her to my male sootie, i know that people reccomend 6-8 weeks at least but i was wondering is it possible now, the only reason i ask is because they wont eat unless they are in the garden next to each other one in the run one in the garden, as soon as they cant "kiss" through the wire they get really upset and kind od mope around :( it just seems to me they want to be together always :D and i just feel really mean that they aren't

neither are agrressive towards each other they try to groom through the holes in the wire :love:

The risk with doing it earlier is that it could damage the potential to bond. I certainly wouldn't try before 4 weeks because she will still be healing internally.

Can you not just keep them next to each other until 6-8 weeks after the spay?

The risk with doing it earlier is that it could damage the potential to bond. I certainly wouldn't try before 4 weeks because she will still be healing internally.

Can you not just keep them next to each other until 6-8 weeks after the spay?

there hutches are facing each other as close as i can possible get them but because they cant touch they are not happy

Back