• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant rabbit products @ pets@ home

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
Have you ever viewed this?

I looked to see what big cages they have, that might be suitable for a pair of guinea pigs.

I saw no products AT ALL, under "Giant rabbit" products that would not be suitable for any rabbit, even if it was tiny:?
The "giant rabbit" bedding looked similar to normal rabbit sized bedding:?:roll:
And the picture of the dutch rabbit almost having to lie down to drink from the bottle:roll: What has that to do with a "Giant Rabbit" Product.
I felt the most important thing was missing, where is the "Giant Rabbit" accomodation??? The real product that they could have dedicated to "Giant Rabbits":roll::roll:

They recommend giant rabbits are kept as house pets :wave: which is why they don't have any hutches or cages on their site. The water bottles and bowls are suitable for all rabbit sizes which is why they don't have giant rabbits using them. And obviously, the bedding is the same too!

My point is, they are advertising them as "giant rabbit" products as though they were different from other rabbit requirements, when one of the most important things is size of accomodation.

I see nothing on the "giant rabbit", bit of the website saying they should be kept in a house.:?

My point is, they are advertising them as "giant rabbit" products as though they were different from other rabbit requirements, when one of the most important things is size of accomodation.

I see nothing on the "giant rabbit", bit of the website saying they should be kept in a house.:?

But if someone has a giant rabbit, most will look for giant rabbit products. Many think they have a different type of animal to a normal one ;) :roll: so really, Pets at Home are just making sure they get their money from all angles!

All around the rabbit bits in the stores I have been in says giant rabbits are recommended to be house rabbits or have a shed :thumb:

ditto what happysaz said really, in not offering large hutches for them they're really doing the best that we could hope for. I've always seen in store that they need a very large space and should not be confined to hutches or indoor cages.

I agree, I think it's a good thing. :D We all know that a 6ft hutch isn't suitable accommodation for a large rabbit so it's great that Pets at Home are also sending out the same message by not listing any of their hutches under the giant rabbit section.

That may well be why they've put a different section for giants too - to make it perfectly clear that, while giants can use the same bedding, food etc, the housing needs to be different.

Back