• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just wondering if rabbits can be allergic to anything...

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
Im sitting in the garden with my four bunnies as it such a lovely day, and I start sneezing one after the other. Great nice weather means my hay fever may kick in!! Then I look over to one of my bunnies to see her sneezing alos. She me be allergic to something or just copying mummy lol. Probably just a bit of grass stuck up her snoze lol

They can, but it could also be a respiratory infection. Keep an eye on it and look out for any nasal discharge too, you need to check inside of paws too as they are often quick to clean it up.

They can, but it could also be a respiratory infection. Keep an eye on it and look out for any nasal discharge too, you need to check inside of paws too as they are often quick to clean it up.

What do u mean, check and clean them up? So that they are clean coz can carry infections?

If bunnies get a snotty nose, they clean themselves with their front paws. Sometimes it's not easy to spot a snotty nose because they clean themselves too quickly for you to notice, but you will find they have sticky fur on their front paws due to rubbing their face, which would be an indication that they may be poorly and should get them checked out at the vet :)

If bunnies get a snotty nose, they clean themselves with their front paws. Sometimes it's not easy to spot a snotty nose because they clean themselves too quickly for you to notice, but you will find they have sticky fur on their front paws due to rubbing their face, which would be an indication that they may be poorly and should get them checked out at the vet :)

:thumb: far better explained than me :oops:

Oh right Yeeeeh I see what you mean now lol. Yeh Bunny is always cleaning herself, she likes to keep clean. There is no sign of sticky poor or runny nose. She eats and drinks fine too maybe she is allergic to something, usually when she is eating grass or hay she sneezes.

Back