• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My son wants our next adoption bunny to have....

PippinWarren

Warren Scout
This is no easy task....:roll:

My little boy wants our next adoption bun to have....

Big back feet

One ear up and the other ear sideways
or handle bar ears

Just a tuft of hair stood up at the top of its head

Must be a girl

Must not be black (because he says you can't see them in the dark)

Must not be white (because he says it will only get mucky)

No fluffy bum skirt (because he likes rabbits with big fluffy tails)

And must give him licks for treats.

Not exactly the easiest shopping list to fullfill, infact think it maybe impossible :lol:

:lol: He's right about white rabbits getting dirty. Izzy is now a nice brown/greenish colour because she's been laying on grass and she is very dusty. She's also been blue for a little while before when the colour on her chew toy came off :lol:

There will be the right bunny out there somewhere!

Be patient and keep looking :D

I can meet most of these between a bonded pair of rabbits I am fostering :lol:

Big back feet- in proportion to his body

One ear up and the other ear sideways the boy can do this too
or handle bar ears

Just a tuft of hair stood up at the top of its head-Boy has a mane and a side sweeping fringe :lol:

Must be a girl

Must not be black (because he says you can't see them in the dark), the boy is also not dark.

You just need my two combined into one with some minro spray painting :lol:

There will be the right bunny out there somewhere!

Be patient and keep looking :D

I can meet most of these between a bonded pair of rabbits I am fostering :lol:

Big back feet- in proportion to his body

One ear up and the other ear sideways the boy can do this too
or handle bar ears

Just a tuft of hair stood up at the top of its head-Boy has a mane and a side sweeping fringe :lol:

Must be a girl

Must not be black (because he says you can't see them in the dark), the boy is also not dark.

You just need my two combined into one with some minro spray painting :lol:

Exactly, thats my problem Sky-O, I can't find the one bun that meets his requirements, but I can find combinations in bonded pairs.

Think Angie at my local BARC would even struggle to meet his list. :lol:

The search goes on.....and on......and on ......and on :roll:

If my Herbie were a girl then he could tick all the boxes :), well he has just a lot of tuft of hair!

My 3 white bunnies and black and white bunny have always been brilliant bright white :D ...if your sun was accepting white bunnehs my Gracie would more than likely fit the bill.. :lol:

Right I'm away to ponder the hundreds of pages of bunnies the length & breadth of UK of rabbit re-home to see if I can find one thats fits my boys shopping list. :roll:

In the meantime if anyone out there can find one, please feel free to post link or PM me.

My 3 white bunnies and black and white bunny have always been brilliant bright white :D ...if your sun was accepting white bunnehs my Gracie would more than likely fit the bill.. :lol:

Gracie is beauuuuuuuutiful, well done you for homing that little princess. That said she is white & son won't have a white one :(

Buttttttt I'd doubt you would part with your little princess :D

Isn't this the ideal time to teach a small person that looks aren't everything and it's personality and friendliness that matters?! ;)

Isn't this the ideal time to teach a small person that looks aren't everything and it's personality and friendliness that matters?! ;)

Yes and he has been very patient and understanding with my other 3 buns that we have adopted, they were all rescues and were chosen for their temprement rather than looks.

But this would be his little reward, as he helps me out everyday and he even got one of the foster buns to hand feed, something I had tried lots of times but this particular bun would have none of it. Son managed it though, so we think he has the making of a bunny whisperer.:lol:

Might be time for a chat about not wanting too much! :lol: if you get rid of the tuft bit which is very specific you'll have a much better chance, maybe extend it to normal lionheads/crosses as well? and even a very friendly bun will be unlikely to lick someone they've just met as well so that one might need revising.

Why dont you take him down to the local rescue and meet some of the bunnies, he may well fall in love with one.

Back