• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 years ago today

Damn RU search not supporting search dates! :evil:

*goes off to think*

The problem is, you've had so many special bunnies :lol:

:lol: I don't think there is much around that will tell you, although I do think I mentioned it in passing last year.

(and yes, many special bunnies but this one was an extra special one).

:lol: I don't think there is much around that will tell you, although I do think I mentioned it in passing last year.

(and yes, many special bunnies but this one was an extra special one).

Is he / she in your siggy?

Was it Badgeroo?

:mrgreen: Yes yes it was. My lovely, bumbly, waggly Badgereenerie. The last bunny to arrive (bar the babies) before I got involved in the RSPCA.

20110710_131.jpg

(and ali, don't be sorry :) )

I knew it was around springtime you had him, but i couldn't remember for the life of me.

He's such a special bunny and always will be :love: I love his little nose!!

Aww the gorgeous Badger! So he and Sandy appeared around the same time? I was cheating and looking up your website!:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, almost exactly the same time.

We'd had a horrendous couple of weeks and lost Tubby and Boof and then finally Moon (who died 5 years ago last Thursday).

After Boof died I contacted my breeder friend (where the Dopeys came from) to see if she had a doe of breeding age who could carry on Flash's line (see how different my perspective was back then, but I was totally lost in my grief still). She had Sandy. After Boof died I had a pretty full on breakdown and decided not to have Sandy.

After Moon died I only had Sky and Cloud left of Flash so went back to the breeder to enquire about Sandy. She was still there. The breeder had been trying to sell her but no one wanted her (aw :( ) but that worked out ok for me. Sandy was cowering and hiding at the back of her hutch. Very different from the girl who became very happy here, very quickly.

When we were there she showed us the rest of her bunnies. When we went in her male shed, on the left had side, right near the door, about halfway down, was a very cute boy jumping backwards and forwards and just begging for attention.

His little name card said 'Badger' and had this photo on it.

BabyBadger-1.jpg

I commented how cute he was and she opened his hutch and he came bounding over, so craving love and fuss and we fell for him.

We didn't take him though. Sandy came home with us that night- Monday the 19th March 2007.

Later that evening the breeder called me up and said she was looking to sell Badger and would I like him. I knew I would LOVE him but had to check and my parents said it was fine.

I wanted a few days to get Sandy settled (she didn't need that long, by the next day she was Queen of the living room :roll: :lol:) so we arranged I would pick him up Friday the 23rd March 2007.

And that we did.

And, while he was in quarantine, I spent the next four weeks wearng various masks over my face and repeatedly washing my hair because he was so happy and sprayed me all the time (me and only me, no one else). And thus a special bond was formed. :lol::love:

We had four marvellous years together.

What a cute bundle of fluff! He never lost that cute baby look, he just got a bit bigger. Is wonderful that he felt so happy to be with you that he kept 'showering' you with love. :love::love::love:

What a wonderful story.

Back