• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esther and Michael

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
A picture :D

Rabbits188_pe.jpg

I wonder where the markings come from! I think I had always assumed Esther must have a big dose of Californian in her.:oops::oops::oops:

Maybe Ester does. We have to ask Jane. I asked once if she was a Californian and she said Rex. I had a Himalayan dwarf that had Julie's markings and at the rescue there is a mini lop with the marking also but with the Himalayan and the mini lop their body shapes were different. Ester seems to have a simulator shape to Julie.

Last edited:
They are both :love::love::love:

I think perhaps Himalayan is a type of marking so you can get Himalyan rexes/Himalyan lops etc? :?

Look at her!:love::love::love::love::love:

And she is much finer than the Californian. I have learnt something new about bunny colors and breeds today!

Erin was an abuse case :cry: She was covered in abscesses and she had chronic respiratory tract problems. She was 8 years old (had a breeder ring on with year of birth) and had been kept in a 2ft hutch with an ENTIRE Buck. Erin had been removed from the Breeder by the RSPCA who spayed her........... then returned her to the Breeder :cry:

Picture1316.jpg

Crikey, what a wee darling. Folk should be put in a 2ft hutch and see how they like it. Grrrrrr.

Thank goodness she knew a decent life for some time in her life.

Erin is very pretty. She looks a lot daintier in body shape than Julie. The Californian breed is a cross of the Himalayan, Chinchilla and then New Zealand Whites. They were breed as a meat rabbit. They are a very hearty looking bunny that tends to eat and gain lots of weight if you let them.

Back