• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to give an injection urgent please

It little Oscar~D again. The last time this happened Jason gave us injectable Vetergesic to give him. Rich will be giving the injection, and has injected before but many years ago. He says its quite simple, just pull up the scruff and inject into the scruff. I am panicking, and just looking for reassurance that he is right?. My head is shot right now, i cant even think straight.

As Jane said. Make sure the syringe is horizontal because you want to make sure you inject into the scruff, not the body.

Thank you. I really thought we had 'got there' with him being on Cystaid, and he has been fine, until tonight:cry:. I am at at total loss now:cry:. Im really concerned because we have no idea how long he hasnt been eating for. We fed morning pellets at 6.30 and then both went to work, so in effect it could be 12 hours. Rich is going to inject him now.
How long should it take for the pain relief to work (im thinking how long till we take him to the vets?).

how to give an injection urgent please

When i was first taught by my vet (many years ago) she told me to practice doing injections on an orange:shock:it certainly helped me:)

Im beside myself, id just got back from the hospital from visiting my Grandad who isn't doing very well:cry:. I even thought to myself today thank god little Oscar~D is over his poorly stage and we are now managing his condition:cry:.

Jack's Jane Rich did the injection like the video (i held my breath as i watched it because he had already done it). Im very concerned though, although he is a small bunny he seemed dehydrated (i held his 'scruff' but im sure when i have done it before i seemed to pick up more...god does that make sense?.

Back