• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boyfriend looking after animals.

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
I am going away tomorrow morning to go and see my grandma in London for her birthday. I looked at the weather forecast and it is gonna be hot tomorrow so the rabbits will have to go out and I will prepare their food and hutches and everything for that evening and all my boyfriend has to do is put them away. And on the next day it is going to be even hotter (15degrees) and they will need to be let out again. And have an eye kept on them and then put back and fed (by him). Then I will be back on Sunday.
Thing is, my boyfriend can be a little accident prone or forgetful and I am a little worried about how he will cope with having to put them away. Feeding them will be easy (well he might not find that) it is just the putting away. Rosie is usually pretty good, when she hears her food she comes over and hops into her hutch. But I have to pick Pebbles up to put him away as his hutch is on top of Rosie's and he has to go into the run. And I am worried my boyfriend might be a little heavy handed or something and Pebbles always hates being picked up and will try to escape :( I know he will try his best but he has his moments when accidents happen and stuff. I am going to wright him a to do list and will try to show him how to hold the rabbits and how they might act. But what else can I do to? I just worry is all :(

As it's only for a couple of days you could just leave them in if you are really concerned. I am sure he knows how you feel about the buns and would be really careful.

It's always worrying leaving them!

I would but on the weather forecast it is going to be 15 degrees and the hutches are in direct sunlight. Unless I move them both tomorrow morning to behind the conservatory.... It is more the holding Pebbles bit I am worried about. Rosie would be ok to let out as she can go in by herself.

I would just leave huge notes where you are sure he will see them. As for the picking up part can you have him practice picking Pebbles up with you there so you can see how Pebbles reacts and they can get use to it together? I would also try and call a little after the time he is supose to put them back and ask about them.

I would just leave huge notes where you are sure he will see them. As for the picking up part can you have him practice picking Pebbles up with you there so you can see how Pebbles reacts and they can get use to it together? I would also try and call a little after the time he is supose to put them back and ask about them.

Yeah I have written down some notes for him and what times they need to go back. I will get him up tomorrow and show him how to handle the animals. And I will call them yeah

Could he put a carrier in the run for the bunnies to get into themselves and then he could take the carrier to the entrance of the hutch and let them hop in from it?

I use a cat carrier to move mine around since they don't particularly like being picked up, especially from the run. My hubby is scared of picking them up - doesn't like the feel of the claws and one of the boys managed to throw one (accidently) so it is for the best!
The carrier makes them feel a lot more secure, and if I want to pick them up it is easier to put it on a table and let them come out to me.

I moved pebbles hutch to behind the conservatory so he will be cool. That way he should be ok if he doesn't want to pick him up. Rosie is easy enough to put away. But I am worried because he isn't answering his Facebook or phone.

He said Rosie was out and was running around. He said pebbles was ok in the hutch but seemed very quiet. I have been trying to get hold of him to make sure that he fed and put Rosie away but I dont know where he is. He won't answer the house phone or his Facebook :/ in sure he has but I just want to make sure

I think that's horrible of him, he'll know you'll be worried, he should be reassuring you that everything is alright! If it was my OH he'd get a major telling off when I got home! I hope he contacts you soon x

I think he deserves a bit more credit! Do you really think he would leave your rabbit running around in the garden overnight/let her starve?!

I think he deserves a bit more credit! Do you really think he would leave your rabbit running around in the garden overnight/let her starve?!

He wouldn't do it on purpose but he can be a bit forgetful and stuff. I just wish he would keep me up to date and let me known what's going with them both. Instead of having me chase after him he could just give me a quick message...

I'm sure they're fine :wave: but I would kill my boyfriend if he wasn't letting me know or replying to my texts :shock: luckily he has learnt much and knows what to do :)

Hope all is well with them. Maybe your boyfriend has put them away safely and gone out and left his phone.

He said he put them away at like 2 ad went to see his friend. But Rosie still has her winter coat and can't be left in the sun, which he disk :( he says they are ok. Gonna ask if he fed them

Back