• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Logan and Ollie

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
I adopted two lop's Monday because there previous owner is moving away and dont want to take them due to the long journey.
Anyway, she thought they were two females, i checked them over when i got home to make sure they were healthy etc and found out they were males .. they are both from the same litter and are both 1 in on april 1st .. when i bought them home after letting them settle for a bit before handling after the car journey Logan repeatidly mounted Ollie, so we thought it may be best to seperate them in there double storey hutch for that day/night while they settled in to prevent added stress.
The next day i put logan in the run and then put ollie in and no mounting occured, however after about 2-3 hour's or so ollie began to chase logan and latched onto his stomach and bit him .. i removed ollie from the run put him back in his cage, checked logan over (he was fine just a little shaken by it) and put logan in his cage too as it was starting to rain anyway.
He then yesterday did the same thing but took a chunk out of his tail (its never straight away its always after a few hours of been in the run) .. and today he did it again so i have said they are going to go in the run seperate from now on as ollie is just stressing logan out.
I can see logan start to panic a little when ollie is put in the run, if ollie goes near him he runs and stomps.

The previous owner said they both lived together since she had them from a breeder when they were baby's and they had run of there garage and sometimes there garden.
Both are not castrated (clearly as she thought they were females) .. i have emailed my vet to ask about prices for rabbit castration, is this the best idea? .. or will it not matter if they are living seperate? .. watching Logan he looks petrified of Ollie half the time so i dont get why the previous owner didnt mention anything like this unless she just let them out and left them untill putting them away, because logan also has scabs on the tips of his ears.

Definitely look to get them neutered. Hopefully with them being neutered, 6-8 weeks later they might be able to be rebonded with each other.

Back