• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pressure Washer/Steam Cleaner? - Recommendations?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I remember a while back there were some threads about using pressure washers or steam cleaners (not sure if that second one is right) for cleaning hutches, litter trays, runs etc.

Can anyone recommend one please? And how do you use it? (I know it will come with instructions but how easy is it to use?) Do you think it is a worthwhile investment?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i donlt have or use one, just the good old brusha nd scrub :oops: bumping this up incase anyone can help with brands

If you've got easy access to one of those easi-lock taps and electricity outdoors and a shed you can just pop it in then it's good. If you don't have all of those things easily available it can become more hassle than it's worth :)

If you've got easy access to one of those easi-lock taps and electricity outdoors and a shed you can just pop it in then it's good. If you don't have all of those things easily available it can become more hassle than it's worth :)

These are good points, thank you. We don't have electricity outdoors but could possibly use an extension lead from the kitchen so long as we are careful not to have it near the water source.

We weren't sure which would be best for us as they both do quite different things I guess... and I think its really a steam cleaner for the hutches we are after. Finally found one of the threads about steam cleaners that I was looking for (its here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...n-Their-Hutches/page3&highlight=steam+cleaner).

The reason we would like to try a steam cleaner is to help with deep cleans of the hutches/sheds, and in particular to get any smells of Fay and Kenco from their kennel so it is neutral enough to put Kenco and a new partner in at some point.

The reason for a pressure washer is to mainly wash down the run areas which are on concrete/paving slabs, and have started to get a bit mossy.

Can't really afford both though so I think for now we will go with a steam cleaner and see if we can borrow or hire a pressure washer from somewhere.

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

I got a steam cleaner (not sure if its the same thing as a pressure washer?:?) Its really good. I've had it about 5/6 years now and its still going strong. Its a hand held one that has loads of attachments to do diff jobs. I mainly use it with the hoover looking like attachment. I clean wee spots on the rug and carpets and then blast with the steamer attachment. :) Its called Shark. I bought it off a corny tv advert 5 years ago. I think they still sell them.

What is the difference? Are they better than steam cleaners?

I'm not 100% sure on this, as I've been confusing myself with all the info!! :lol::lol: But I think pressure washers are like high-pressured jet washers that blast grime and muck off of things like driveways, decking, paving slabs, pvcu window surrounds etc. And I think a steam cleaner uses boiling water to create steam out of a nozzle or hose to steam bacteria, stains and grime out of things. But I have seen ones that say bathroom and kitchen tiles and surfaces, but then others that also say carpets and soft furnishings....so I am not 100% sure. The threads I started to read through on here say that steam cleaners are good for lino and lifting grime out of corners etc, plus being hot they should get rid of some bacteria in rabbit accommodation etc.

Hope I've got that roughly right.

Yes, you are correct.

I'd love to see someone get them mixed up and use a pressure washer on their sofa :lol:

Oh okay. My steamer can clean all surfaces. It was advertised as able to clean kitchens, tiles, floors, bathrooms, carpets etc etc. I use it mainly for the buns now. Its really good still as its pretty old. I don't think you need a huge pressure washer just for your home and buns really.

Steam cleaner all the waaaayyyyyyy :) We just got ours this weekend and I'm in love!!!

We have tiles in our bathroom that I haven't been able to clean with any chemical product for the past 3 yrs! I've had to re-grout over yucky stuff. Got the steam cleaner on them and they're sparkling! Took a bit of elbow grease as it was years of grime but then tried it on recent spills and it was super easy!

I personally wouldn't bother with a pressure washer, too much water and it takes AAAAGGGEEESSSS to dry as everything just gets soaked.

Steam cleaners are the future! Lol.

(can you tell I LOVE mine???? :p )

Steam cleaner all the waaaayyyyyyy :) We just got ours this weekend and I'm in love!!!

We have tiles in our bathroom that I haven't been able to clean with any chemical product for the past 3 yrs! I've had to re-grout over yucky stuff. Got the steam cleaner on them and they're sparkling! Took a bit of elbow grease as it was years of grime but then tried it on recent spills and it was super easy!

I personally wouldn't bother with a pressure washer, too much water and it takes AAAAGGGEEESSSS to dry as everything just gets soaked.

Steam cleaners are the future! Lol.

(can you tell I LOVE mine???? :p )

:lol::lol: I think you have just got me sold on the steam cleaner idea. What a great bonus to have sparkly clean bathroom tiles too!

Do you mind if I ask what make you have? :wave:

Back