• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extending a run

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Before my separation my husband was due to make an extension to my wendyhouse/run set-up as the run is only around 4"4. This wont be going ahead to do obvious reasons. I'd like to try and do something with it myself but I'm pretty useless. Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't too expensive and fairly easy to do. There's no bun in there at the moment and is just used as a base when India is out running around but in summertime I'd like for India (and hopefully Rupert if the bond is successful) to be able to spend the day outside in the sun but want it to be bigger. Thanks in advance

Could put a runaround tube in and make your own run? A run is pretty simple to make. You can get 40-something metres of mesh on ebay for £40, some wood from B&Q and get it cut there and then staple gun the mesh to the wood and screw the wood together :)

Try and borrow a drill if you can! :D

Could put a runaround tube in and make your own run? A run is pretty simple to make. You can get 40-something metres of mesh on ebay for £40, some wood from B&Q and get it cut there and then staple gun the mesh to the wood and screw the wood together :)

Try and borrow a drill if you can! :D

If you can't do that - buy aviary panels & a drill & do it that way

All that sounds complicated for me. I'm a total DIY virgin :? I think I'm going to have to look at one of those DIY for girls type courses. I really am useless. I wouldn't know where to start :( I spose i'll just have to try and save up and buy something better.

All that sounds complicated for me. I'm a total DIY virgin :? I think I'm going to have to look at one of those DIY for girls type courses. I really am useless. I wouldn't know where to start :( I spose i'll just have to try and save up and buy something better.

The sense of acheivement is amazing. Even when I ended up with a swimming pool in my living room:thumb::oops: (heating worked though!!)

I'm decorating my house - yeah - there's paint drips & holes in the walls, but i will have done my house myself:thumb: And next time, I will be better!

You might be able to buy a cheap, flat pack run? - it has all the relevant holes in it, that way you can see how it's put together for next time, then you will be confident to do your own.

Back