• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles makes Rosie binky

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Today it is a really sunny day. Rosie was let out and poor Pebbles was stuck in his hutch. But as it got hotter I knew I couldn't leave him in there as it was getting far to warm. So I put him in the little run we have for my guinea pig. Everything was good, Pebbles was munching the grass and having a nosey around and Rosie was on the other side of the garden, didn't seem to even know Pebbles was here. I was sat on my laptop next to the run emailing someone about college and I look up and see Rosie was hoping towards the run! I shooed her off but then she came round the other side and came face to face with Pebbles...I tried to shoo her off again as I didn't want a fight to start but she wouldn't leave and kept running around sniffing Pebbles like mad and Pebbles did the same. And then next thing she zoomed off across the garden doing binkies and wagging her tail like an excited puppy ( :? ) She keeps coming back, having a sniff, zooming off looking excited and happy and then she will go lay down in the shade or eat some grass like she isn't interested :lol:
Pebbles seems really interested in her and whenever she zoomed off he would run around his run seeing if she would be there and perascoping to try and find her. Just now he had a flop and was bathing in the sun :love: They both seem to really like eachother (if a little bewildered) and no agression has been shown. I am still worried about germs but they have only been sniffing eachother a little...This will be the only time they will see eachother as I don't want to try bonding them yet until Pebbles is neutered. Until then they will have to see eachother through the run bars

Is it love at first sight???

I don't want to be a spoilsport and someone with mroe experience will come along I'm sure, but I have two buns who are separated, and they flop out together (separated by a fence) side by side, sniff each other, and even groom eachother now and then through the fence, but as soon as they're put together, they're not happy buns :roll:

By doe is unspayed though which doesn't help, but you won't really have a good indication until they've started dating.

However, that they're not aggressive seems a good sign, so good luck! :D

I don't want to be a spoilsport and someone with mroe experience will come along I'm sure, but I have two buns who are separated, and they flop out together (separated by a fence) side by side, sniff each other, and even groom eachother now and then through the fence, but as soon as they're put together, they're not happy buns :roll:

By doe is unspayed though which doesn't help, but you won't really have a good indication until they've started dating.

However, that they're not aggressive seems a good sign, so good luck! :D

Yeah that is very true...But hopefully it will be promising touch wood lol

Is it love at first sight???

Could be :)

For my two it was love at first sight. I had read up on the bonding process and was all ready with my plan of introducing them in the bath them expanding to the bathroom. I'd made sure there were neutral parts of the house and garden. Had bottles and bottles of vinegar on standby to neuralise the rest of the house. In the end I didn't need any of it.

At first I thought Bob was trying to bite Kizzy through the cage wire but actually he was trying to get to her to groom her. They met face to face. Bob groomed Kizzy, Kizzy insisted on even more grooming & Bob obliged. I watched them like a hawk for a few days and even slept downstairs but there was never any aggression.

I understand that love at first sight is rare but it does happen.

Very best of luck.

I would also like to add that even though mine aren't bonded, they live side by side separated by a fence, and my doe who was alone all day while I was at work now at elast has someone else with her, and she is much more active and happier, so I do think it helps having another fluff around :)

Could be :)

For my two it was love at first sight. I had read up on the bonding process and was all ready with my plan of introducing them in the bath them expanding to the bathroom. I'd made sure there were neutral parts of the house and garden. Had bottles and bottles of vinegar on standby to neuralise the rest of the house. In the end I didn't need any of it.

At first I thought Bob was trying to bite Kizzy through the cage wire but actually he was trying to get to her to groom her. They met face to face. Bob groomed Kizzy, Kizzy insisted on even more grooming & Bob obliged. I watched them like a hawk for a few days and even slept downstairs but there was never any aggression.

I understand that love at first sight is rare but it does happen.

Very best of luck.

Yeah I have been reading up soo much. Rosie has never seen another rabbit since she was a baby so I had no idea how she would react. I guess she didn't quite know how to herself with all her running around excited and then not having any interest.

Back