• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteering at a rescue/possible lift from Walton, Liverpool?

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
Ive been searching for a local animal rescue shelter so I can volunteer some help. However, being a none-driver, and most of the sanctuaries being out in the wilds somewhat, Im having a lot of difficulty even getting started. Does anyone know of any sanctuaries within the vicinity of Walton, Liverpool that are accessible by public transport, or know of anyone who works at a sanctuary that could perhaps pick me up? I'd particularly like to volunteer with the bunny sections to broaden my experience, make me a better carer to my own wonderful adopted rabbits, and be able to at least contribute to the TLC of the bunnies I would so love to adopt but in reality, know that I can't.
Can anyone advise or help please? :)

I can't help but I feel your pain! I volunteer with the psychology department in a secure therapeutic community, which is in the middle of nowhere, and I don't drive. It was a nightmare setting it up but as it's only one day a week I can rely on lifts and the occasional pricey taxi if I get stuck. Good luck, I hope you sort something out soon!

Back