• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie is nuts. Please share your bunny's odd behavior.

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Princess Julie strikes again. Lately she has decided that she must take her greens out of her huge dog bowl to eat them. The green liquid from the greens gets all over the floor and stains the grout so 3 times a day (she has greens 3 times a day) I have to scrub the grout clean. Yesterday I came up with the idea to put one of our place mats under her bowl to protect the grout. They are cloth and go into the washer. She sees cloth and thinks another bed. She has a comfy cat bed and a soft dog pad beds that she loves but thinks I need 3 beds. She works on getting her ceramic water bowl off the place mat by managing to get it on it's side and rolls it across the floor. Of course the mat is now soaking wet. She can't get the huge dog bowl off so curls around it and takes a nap on the dripping wet mat. Today I bought a plastic place mat and she seems fine with that so far. She just ate her dinner greens.

Please feel free to share your strange bunny stories here.

Twinkle likes to drag his hay all around the kitchen. He also likes running up and down with apple sticks in his mouth (he carries them around for ages like a trophy:lol:) He sits on the footrest to watch tele at night and is particularly fond of eating the TV mag:shock: He likes eating when the rest of the family does:)

I think your plastic mat may get some unwanted attention eventually:lol:

Frankie puts her mane over her eyes when she is sat sleeping. I don't even know how she does it, but as soon as she gets up she shakes it back up again :lol:

I walked into the bunny room today to find it seemingly empty, no sign of any of the toys or the rug :shock: Looked around and discovered that Bella had moved EVERYTHING (including the litter tray which is the bottom of an old hamster cage so quite big and heavy) to her favourite corner, where she had piled them up and as a final touch, pee'd all over them. When I called her she looked up at me with the funniest look on her face, her eyes were huge and both ears were up :lol: She then ran around binkying for a good 10 minutes.

My two have a shed and 2 runs to sleep in, but Tapla decides to sleep up here:

f9ba0b1f.jpg

:roll:!

Storm has to kick litter out of his poo tray seconds after I've swept it all up, and sometimes during the sweep up!

Gypsy likes to rattle the bars on the gate to the bunny room but as soon as you run upstairs to see what she wants she runs away, you go back down stairs and it's rattle rattle rattle again :roll::lol:

Storm likes to throw things around his room and often wacks me around the ankles, feet, knees or even head with large objects :shock:

Gypsy likes to creep up behind me when I sweep the bunny room and then scares me half to death by nipping my bum :shock:

Both bunnies worked out how to open the food cupboard and drag everything out and spread it across their room so I had to fit a child lock on the cupboard :lol:

Keep the funny stories coming. Ru has some hilarious bunnies. So far so good with the plastic mat still. I bought one with grapes on it but the edges on clear and lies flat on the floor. It is rough so seems slip proof and she hasn't noticed the edges yet to chew.:lol:

My lionhaired hutch keeps himself happy by tiding up blankets. if any are crumpled he spends ages trying to straighten them out. rose has also picked up my mobile and given it to me a couple of times. they both pick up the dustpan and brush when i clean them out:) <3

I walked into the bunny room today to find it seemingly empty, no sign of any of the toys or the rug :shock: Looked around and discovered that Bella had moved EVERYTHING (including the litter tray which is the bottom of an old hamster cage so quite big and heavy) to her favourite corner, where she had piled them up and as a final touch, pee'd all over them. When I called her she looked up at me with the funniest look on her face, her eyes were huge and both ears were up :lol: She then ran around binkying for a good 10 minutes.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: fantastic stories!

My two have a habit of being naughty when you've left the room. I'll go to get a drink or something and as soon as I close the door they enter naughty mode, when I go back in they're both sat on top of the settee, it's not until I say "what you doing naughty buns" that they scurry down to their mat and sit there like "nope, we've been here all the time, look how cute we are! do you have food?"

BunBun is my dominant bunny so she's always the one that starts being naughty. Izzy is a bit...well...stupid :lol: She'll follow whatever BunBun is doing but doesn't know why. Like when BunBun is panicking because the scrap metal van is around and they're shouting out the window, Izzy will join in with panicking but doesn't know why.

BunBun is also quite lazy. She'll lie directly next to her food to save her getting up to eat. She just leans over a little bit and starts eating while half asleep!

I'm sure that rabbit sits there scheming sometimes, she's too clever!

Edit: Izzy also picked up a habit from my cats; when she wants to come in home or go out she leans up the door and starts scratching at it :lol: so cute!!

Last edited:
Sometimes, even if there are two or three bowls of the exact same food on the floor, Benj and Marge will both decide that the food tastes better out of this bowl... (as they do...) Benj got so miffed at Marge pushing his head out of the bowl, and pushing her head in the bowl, he grabbed it in his mouth and tipped the lot over her head :shock: :lol::lol: And I kid you not, on my bunnies lives.. the next thing I knew was Marge grabbed the water dish and threw it all over Benjamin :lol: I was aching with laughing so hard :lol::lol:

Do you want to hear Julie's latest? I hear bang bang so run into the kitchen. She is managing to pick up her snack ball by catching her front teeth in the tiny hole. She stands up on two feet and slams the ball onto the floor. She is doing this repeatedly. I have witnessed this before and the ball will sometimes crack open and she gobbles the papaya. I think the the papaya gets stuck sometimes as she will roll the ball for hours and usually gets the treats. She has had this one since last night though. A few minutes later I step in orange slime and see a trail all across the kitchen. There is Julie all orange feeties rolling the ball with orange slime trailing out. :lol:She had to of thrown it in her water bowl. I take the ball from her. Open it to find the 2 tiny slimy papayas which she quickly nabbed.

Do you want to hear Julie's latest? I hear bang bang so run into the kitchen. She is managing to pick up her snack ball by catching her front teeth in the tiny hole. She stands up on two feet and slams the ball onto the floor. She is doing this repeatedly. I have witnessed this before and the ball will sometimes crack open and she gobbles the papaya. I think the the papaya gets stuck sometimes as she will roll the ball for hours and usually gets the treats. She has had this one since last night though. A few minutes later I step in orange slime and see a trail all across the kitchen. There is Julie all orange feeties rolling the ball with orange slime trailing out. :lol:She had to of thrown it in her water bowl. I take the ball from her. Open it to find the 2 tiny slimy papayas which she quickly nabbed.

Mine have thrown a treat ball in their water bowl with pellets inside :roll: blooming difficult to clean out!!

Mine have thrown a treat ball in their water bowl with pellets inside :roll: blooming difficult to clean out!!

Yuck! I can just imagine. I have tried Julie's pellets in her ball as she tends to eat them too fast and has choked on them but the pellets are too small for the balls and come out much too fast. I like to fill the ball before I go to bed to give her something to do. The papaya usually come out but takes hours of rolling. I just spread her pellets around so she has to pick them up one at a time.

Yuck! I can just imagine. I have tried Julie's pellets in her ball as she tends to eat them too fast and has choked on them but the pellets are too small for the balls and come out much too fast. I like to fill the ball before I go to bed to give her something to do. The papaya usually come out but takes hours of rolling. I just spread her pellets around so she has to pick them up one at a time.

The balls we have have an adjustable opening so you can adjust it to the size of the treat. :thumb:

Storm used to throw his treat ball at the wall until all the treats spilled out, they soon work out the fast way when food is involved :lol:

Back