• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had no idea this happened....

Katie1504

Young Bun
Until recently I didn't have any idea that you could show rabbits!!

I spoke to someone last week about it and they invited me along to a local show with one of my pet rabbits. I thought about it and decided I would go with Timmy my oldest rabbit. I did a little bit of research and he was judged in the pet class. I didnt do any preperation just the normal groom. I took my sister with me and we decided way before we set off that if Timmy was stressed or upset we would come straight home. I know he is ok in the car I just didnt know what he would be like there.

So we got there booked in put timmy in his place.... and..... he loved it. He was showing off to everyone and enjoying all the attention. The time then came for him to be judged and I was suprisingly nervous. All Timmy wanted to do was go and say hello to the other rabbits an lick the judge. He had everyone laughing.

The end of the show came and we had won 2nd place and on reflection I really enjoyed my day and I think Timmy had to.

I dont think i could ever be seriously into the showing but it was nice to go and show Timmy off and everyone was so friendly... afterall Timmy is firstly a pet and not a show "thing".

Basically I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of rabbit showing etc. I am just curious.

Thanks xx

Until recently I didn't have any idea that you could show rabbits!!

I spoke to someone last week about it and they invited me along to a local show with one of my pet rabbits. I thought about it and decided I would go with Timmy my oldest rabbit. I did a little bit of research and he was judged in the pet class. I didnt do any preperation just the normal groom. I took my sister with me and we decided way before we set off that if Timmy was stressed or upset we would come straight home. I know he is ok in the car I just didnt know what he would be like there.

So we got there booked in put timmy in his place.... and..... he loved it. He was showing off to everyone and enjoying all the attention. The time then came for him to be judged and I was suprisingly nervous. All Timmy wanted to do was go and say hello to the other rabbits an lick the judge. He had everyone laughing.

The end of the show came and we had won 2nd place and on reflection I really enjoyed my day and I think Timmy had to.

I dont think i could ever be seriously into the showing but it was nice to go and show Timmy off and everyone was so friendly... afterall Timmy is firstly a pet and not a show "thing".

Basically I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of rabbit showing etc. I am just curious.

Thanks xx

Aww, glad Timmy enjoyed it! :D
I'm afraid alot of people on here are not very keen on serious showing etc.

Xx

Well done Timmy! I did a rabbit show once and my Lop got first place. I was so pleased, but never really got round to going again.

:wave:I have never considered showing my rabbit. I think mostly because he may well get stressed by the strangeness of it all. He does travel well in the car and is used to the usual places we take him, but having said that I still think he might find all the people and noise a bit too much. When we go to the vets, he's a really good boy and sits really still, but I think that is because he is scared and doesn't want to show his fear.

However if your rabbit seems happy, no sign of stress and is ok afterwards, I can understand that you might enjoy showing him. I know some people take there rabbit to rabbit agility, but again, I am not sure if it would be for us, purely because we have never tried it.:)

I am glad Timmy enjoyed it!:)

I agree. That is why I took Timmy because I know him well(I havent had my other 2 long). I would never do anything that would hurt him or stress him out and if he was stressed we would have come home. I know he is a very friendly rabbit anyway and loves going different places and having a look around.... aulthough I dont think he would do agility... he is far to lazy. :)

Back