• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would You Get This Hutch And Cover Q. post 10

I'd want to know why they are selling it. It has multiple urine stains at the back, so possibly an un-neutered rabbit in there, so i'd wonder if said rabbit has died - if so, i'd want to know what of. If they couldn't tell me, i wouldn't take it.

It'd need thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting.

It'd need a run attached, but appears to be in good nick, structurally.

I'd want to know why they are selling it. It has multiple urine stains at the back, so possibly an un-neutered rabbit in there, so i'd wonder if said rabbit has died - if so, i'd want to know what of. If they couldn't tell me, i wouldn't take it.

It'd need thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting.

It'd need a run attached, but appears to be in good nick, structurally.

Thankx for your expert response Gray!

Yeah be sure there are no nasty germs in the hutch that might make yours ill. But other then that, for £35 it's a good buy and with a cover aswell. A go over with some nice paint, maybe some new locks and hey presto :)

I have one of these hutches (Its a 5ft x 2ft double) and the locks are pretty sturdy.

Obviously I'd want to disinfect it myself with a good vet grade disinfectant even if they've already done it, plus I'd probably give it a good steam clean of swill with boiling water to kill any missed nasties.

Okay. I'll need to persuade my parents but as they are almost persauded (yay!)into getting me rabbits or guinea pig and my friends rabbits who I sometimes look after could do better with a bigger holiday hutch I''ll try and persaude them as it's so cheap and as Pets at Home have stopped stocking these type of hutches I think there are not many left that are for sale in my part of the country.

Am emailing the seller now.

It looks like the same hutch we have and we have attached a run to the front which they have 24/7 access to buit overall its a great hutch and we have been very pleased with it! :) Ours has stained a little bit with wee but nothing major :thumb:

I would really like this hutch even if I don't have any animals atm. Hopefully I can scrape the money together and get it all organized.
There's only one possible problem and that is that the seller says this: ROOF A LITTLE BOWED BUT WATERPROOF. Would this be a problem?

I would really like this hutch even if I don't have any animals atm. Hopefully I can scrape the money together and get it all organized.
There's only one possible problem and that is that the seller says this: ROOF A LITTLE BOWED BUT WATERPROOF. Would this be a problem?

If it's a tiny bit bowed it's not a problem in itself as long as it's safe (safe when being pelted with heavy rain too), and as long as it really is still waterproof. However, no-one will really be able to know for sure without looking at it. If it was me thinking of buying it, I might go and have a look first if it was close-by.

I have 3 of these hutches with covers the same and they're GREAT! Definitely worth the money and with a good brush out then scrub and disinfect you're on to a winner!! :D:D

Regarding the roof - I would advise putting several layers under the green waterproof cover for extra protection - I have under mine: Old tank lagging (the plastic covered stuff that covers hot water tanks, an exercise mat or camping roll up mat, an old Twister game mat :lol::lol: or anything padded and waterproof you can find for free or cheap - all great ideas - if it's damp let the sun shine on the roof and dry it out first before covering it up xxx Best of luck x

Last edited:
As it is only 5x2ft I would want an extra large run :wave: atleast 8x5ft to give you the reccomended 50sqft (please correct me if my maths is wrong!) I have one with an 8x4 run which exceded the old reccomendations but am looking to extend :thumb:

My Hutch is good but it has needed a couple of repairs :wave:

Back