PDA

View Full Version : Would You Get This Hutch And Cover Q. post 10

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 02:55 PM
for just 35!?

Could do with a lick of something, new hinge etc.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/rabbit-guinea-pig-two-tier-hutch-with-cover--collect-earlham-norwich/98610927

GrahamL
20-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd want to know why they are selling it. It has multiple urine stains at the back, so possibly an un-neutered rabbit in there, so i'd wonder if said rabbit has died - if so, i'd want to know what of. If they couldn't tell me, i wouldn't take it.

It'd need thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting.

It'd need a run attached, but appears to be in good nick, structurally.

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd want to know why they are selling it. It has multiple urine stains at the back, so possibly an un-neutered rabbit in there, so i'd wonder if said rabbit has died - if so, i'd want to know what of. If they couldn't tell me, i wouldn't take it.

It'd need thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting.

It'd need a run attached, but appears to be in good nick, structurally.

Thankx for your expert response Gray!

GrahamL
20-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Thankx for your expert response Gray!

:lol: No expert here! :wave:

But no worries.

LittleEskimo
20-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah be sure there are no nasty germs in the hutch that might make yours ill. But other then that, for 35 it's a good buy and with a cover aswell. A go over with some nice paint, maybe some new locks and hey presto :)

Amy104
20-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I have one of these hutches (Its a 5ft x 2ft double) and the locks are pretty sturdy.

Obviously I'd want to disinfect it myself with a good vet grade disinfectant even if they've already done it, plus I'd probably give it a good steam clean of swill with boiling water to kill any missed nasties.

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Okay. I'll need to persuade my parents but as they are almost persauded (yay!)into getting me rabbits or guinea pig and my friends rabbits who I sometimes look after could do better with a bigger holiday hutch I''ll try and persaude them as it's so cheap and as Pets at Home have stopped stocking these type of hutches I think there are not many left that are for sale in my part of the country.

Am emailing the seller now.

happysaz133
20-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes I'd get it :)

megansmummy
20-03-2012, 04:09 PM
It looks like the same hutch we have and we have attached a run to the front which they have 24/7 access to buit overall its a great hutch and we have been very pleased with it! :) Ours has stained a little bit with wee but nothing major :thumb:

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I would really like this hutch even if I don't have any animals atm. Hopefully I can scrape the money together and get it all organized.
There's only one possible problem and that is that the seller says this: ROOF A LITTLE BOWED BUT WATERPROOF. Would this be a problem?

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 04:35 PM
:wave:

AnnieElms
20-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I would really like this hutch even if I don't have any animals atm. Hopefully I can scrape the money together and get it all organized.
There's only one possible problem and that is that the seller says this: ROOF A LITTLE BOWED BUT WATERPROOF. Would this be a problem?

If it's a tiny bit bowed it's not a problem in itself as long as it's safe (safe when being pelted with heavy rain too), and as long as it really is still waterproof. However, no-one will really be able to know for sure without looking at it. If it was me thinking of buying it, I might go and have a look first if it was close-by.

suzibunbun
20-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I have 3 of these hutches with covers the same and they're GREAT! Definitely worth the money and with a good brush out then scrub and disinfect you're on to a winner!! :D:D

Regarding the roof - I would advise putting several layers under the green waterproof cover for extra protection - I have under mine: Old tank lagging (the plastic covered stuff that covers hot water tanks, an exercise mat or camping roll up mat, an old Twister game mat :lol::lol: or anything padded and waterproof you can find for free or cheap - all great ideas - if it's damp let the sun shine on the roof and dry it out first before covering it up xxx Best of luck x

obsessedwithanimals
20-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for your replies.
The seller says that I am welcome to come and have a look at it first.:D

Georgeypudding
20-03-2012, 06:26 PM
As it is only 5x2ft I would want an extra large run :wave: atleast 8x5ft to give you the reccomended 50sqft (please correct me if my maths is wrong!) I have one with an 8x4 run which exceded the old reccomendations but am looking to extend :thumb:

My Hutch is good but it has needed a couple of repairs :wave: