• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 rabbits loose on Billinge Hill ! Can anyone help?

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
Well as the title says! My husband's company are working there and he's seen three very domestic rabbits loose. One is brown tan colour, one black and one ginger and white with helicopter ears. They are very tame, more than likely been dumped. Can anyone help? I've called a certain organization and they have said ' they are probably wild. No one has reported them missing so unless they do we won't do anything. If anyone calls we will pass on your number and you can go catch them.' !!!! What?!!! This isn't possible as shockingly I'm at work in Cheshire all week!! Don't know where to go from here ? My husband said he thought about catching them but he's at work and suppose to look professional and we have nowhere to put rescues!

It gets locked at night so not sure if it's open at that time but I can find out. I'm so worried about them.

Why don't you get a friend to report the missing rabbits and get a local rescue to help? Didn't you say if someone reported missing rabbits you would be allowed to catch them

My Husband is from St Helens he knows where Billinge Hill is but we live in North Yorkshire now else we would have helped. I wonder if the RSPCA will let you borrow some humane traps off them.

The nearest centre was closed last night when hubby told me about them ( shut at 4 and it was gone 5) and today they are closed. I will call them tomorrow. I then called the national line. They said if the owner was to call reporting them missing then they would tell owner to contact ME to go and get them ( I don't know which bit of - I don't live there and I don't have anywhere to put these animals - she didn't understand. Also 'fake owner' would then have to take them! I was made to feel like I was overreacting and to 'just leave them to it.'

I've just text my husband asking him to just catch them. He said he's been keeping his eyes open for them but not seen them since this morning.

I'll see if my boss can get hold of a cat trap maybe .. ? Just now its another night their loose.

when Brandie was loose i caught her and asked people if they new the owners they said she lived and number 7 i think so i went and Brandie jumped out of my hands and ran off the owner said if u can catch her u can keep her (so just see if anyone knows who the owner is)

Well I have called the nearest centre today and they told me they do not collect animals which is fair enough and gave the inspectors number which was the one I had already called. She suggested maybe calling again and hopefully getting someone more understanding than the previous. Thing is I said IF I go and get them can you take them and she said no. Maximum rabbits they can take is ten and their full. So I just feel useless :(

Tbh if it was me I would drive down there and go and get the bunnies regardless of what people say. :oops::oops::oops:
I'm not a bunny expert but I would think they need to be rescued asap as they are at risk of foxes, diseases and are proberbly not living on the best of diets. :?

My husband said he hasn't seen two of them at all today but he got within four feet of the third one, but then I cat turned up and it bolted off. He reckons he can catch it and is going to try. We have discussed if we can house another/ what would we do with it afterward/ could we bond it with our trio... Just don't know what to do for the best. Hubby feels it might be mean when it's been used to all the space to capture and put in our shed ( 8 x 6) and if it's bonded with the other two isn't that cruel to take it away ... I just don't know what to do .... :(

My husband said he hasn't seen two of them at all today but he got within four feet of the third one, but then I cat turned up and it bolted off. He reckons he can catch it and is going to try. We have discussed if we can house another/ what would we do with it afterward/ could we bond it with our trio... Just don't know what to do for the best. Hubby feels it might be mean when it's been used to all the space to capture and put in our shed ( 8 x 6) and if it's bonded with the other two isn't that cruel to take it away ... I just don't know what to do .... :(

but if the bun is left there it will die so it would be better off living in a shed. Hope your husband can catch the bun and I hope the other 2 are ok aswell. x

Back