• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's always so awful

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
When one part of a pair of bunnies passes away and you see the one who's left on their own. Looking at India now Bonkers has gone and feel so sorry for her. I always wonder what's going on in their head and it never feels right just having one bunny there. They always seem so lost - I'm never sure whether they really are or it's just me putting sort of human emotions onto them because I know they will be missing the other bun :?

Oh I really feel for you, I dread the day Finx or Tango leaves the other behind. But I think we can trust in our ability to read what the remaining bun needs and do our best for them, even if it takes a little while! Sorry for your loss, hugs to you both x

I'm so sorry that you have lost Bonkers. It just adds to the pain and upset when you are then worrying about how the one that is left is coping. It is awful and, as you say, you don't really know what's going on in their head. I think we do sometimes put human emotions onto them, I know I do. I'll imagine how they must be feeling and get myself even more upset, which is silly as they won't be thinking or feeling anything like I do. :oops:

My Sugar's behaviour changed when Herbie passed away, she doesn't look depressed or particularly lost or lonely, but she has become VERY destructive which is not like her, so obviously it is affecting her deeply, but she's showing it in other ways. One night she completely ripped up a section of carpet, including the carpet grippers. :shock: I was very lucky that she didn't hurt her paws, which was my first thought when I saw the damage. I still can't believe she managed so much damage in one night, she must have been going at it like a thing possessed. I'm going to start bonding her with little Roo at the weekend, he was neutered 4 weeks ago and I've been waiting for his hormones to subside as Sugar won't stand for any nonsense from an over-excited little boy. :oops: Hopefully Roo will make Sugar happy again.

Thinking of you and little India. xx

:cry::cry: It's heartbreaking isn't it?, I saw it once when Gypsy lost her first partner, Bilbo. He was a very old bun and she was only a baby. They only had a year together but they loved each other very much. It was awful to see her grieve :cry: I became the other bunny for a few months until Storm came along.
Gypsy and Storm have now been together over 6 years and are so devoted to each other, I hate to think of either one of them being left behind :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss Xxx

Back