• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could this mean? -Dream

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I had a vast array of dreams last night but in one part of one of them there was loads of orange bunnies of all different types in one hutch. I knew that Flash was in there so I called him and he came so I could see him but he couldn't get to me because of all the other bunnies. He seemed to be straining to see me and like he wanted to come. The fact he didn't come made him feel unFlashlike but I knew it was him. He even looked like him.

Have a broken the bond between me and him with all these others? I still need him so much but has he gone?

I would say, that as you're going through a time of change at the moment, your subconscious is using an inner strength, which is an incarnation of the bond you had with flash and its showing you that.

If change is disliked, the mind reacts that way.

Remember however, that dream states rarely show 'reality' - so even if the dream did show that your bond with Flash had broken, its not real, its just your minds way of dealing with something, however unclear that may be right now.

Have a hug on me *hugs* :)

I think that's probably how you feel, hon, so it's manifesting itself in a dream. I doubt very much that Flash feels that way.
I used to have dreams that we had 3 Squidgys running around and getting into mischief, and I've had allsorts of dreams about the bunnies escaping. It's just your mind projecting your thoughts, that's all.
xxx

I guess that also means then that the times I have dreamt about him previously, being there, being cuddled, actually feelin that feeling of cuddling, and of Badger letting me know he was ok are also not real.

I guess that also means then that the times I have dreamt about him previously, being there, being cuddled, actually feelin that feeling of cuddling, and of Badger letting me know he was ok are also not real.

Not necessarily, but in my opinion (and thats all it is), dreams are often the brains way of trying to make sense of a situation, or a way of 'coping', so those dreams could well be 'real' for that individual, in a general sense.

I bet none of this is making sense :/

It doesn't matter anyway. I now know what it means and why I dreamt it. I also know I hve some choices to make.

I would say that it means that you are feeling a distance between yourself and Flash or something you associate with him. I'd also say you are feeling helpless, overwhelmed or frustrated about something, not necessarily connected to Flash although it could be, but perhaps connected to the colour orange or something to do with many responsibilities or much responsibility.

Of course, without knowing you, your past, whats happening in your life and how you are feeling about that I can but guess.

That is how I would interpret it in literature, have you read Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams, or read about his theory stated in it? Literature and dreams can be analysed in the same way. The mind uses Displacement or Condensation to disguise what you see. What you see are the desires or feelings of the Id (subconcious mind, the animalistic, primal bit that contains all your desires) which has become distorted by the Ego (concious mind). If I remember rightly the Superego (the bit of your mind that contains society's values, what is right and wrong etc and moderates your thoughts accordingly) , is limited in power and not able to censor your thoughts as it would when you are awake, so dreams are truer (although distorted) expressions what your true desires or feelings are.

But remember they ARE distorted - say if you had a dream about you killing someone it wouldnt mean you wanted to kill them, but likely that you need to remove an obstacle that the person represents, or you are angry at them or what they represent. Or if you feel guilty about it the grief/guilt may be more important than the actual act. Its all done in metaphors: A concept or group of things can be Condensed into a single object, or the idea/thought/desire/object can be Displaced onto something that has a link to it, it could be any link at all, so you can hardly recognise it.

The problem is that dreams are often distorted in ways that mix them with things that you've been thinking about, or something that happened that day, even a chance comment by someone that wasnt important and you dont remember, so it can be hard to decipher what is actually the dreams meaning and what is all the other stuff hiding it, stuff that seems the main point of the dream can sometimes be irrelevant, and the small stuff more important, and vice versa. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I hope this helps, I know its rather complex but perhaps it can help you uncover the meaning. Of course this is just one way to analyse dreams, some people believe in a more spiritual approach. I hope you are okay.

Thank you Nessar :) Very much so.

The hutch he was in with all the orange rabbits was a Thistle Hall. I woke up shortly after remembering things I had blocked from a rescue situation last November.

My feeling is that my work with the rescue rabbits and what I do is taking me away from him. Also, this last week I've had several important days/anniversaires. One of them was Flash's 7th birthday, which I didn't acknowledge to anyone, and today is the longest I have gone in seven years without an overdose (that's pretty massive for me although ver unsettling). I can't bring him back here, as much as I'd love to. The only way to get to him, is to move the orange rabbits (i.e. the rescue rabbits) out the way and then I'll be able to reach him. However, all those rescue rabbits (starting with my own, of which there are two orange bunnies here and most in my dream looked like one of those) tether me to life, so they do keep me separate from Flash. And, I guess I let them keep me away from him.

Does that make any sense?

Thank you Nessar :) Very much so.

The hutch he was in with all the orange rabbits was a Thistle Hall. I woke up shortly after remembering things I had blocked from a rescue situation last November.

My feeling is that my work with the rescue rabbits and what I do is taking me away from him. Also, this last week I've had several important days/anniversaires. One of them was Flash's 7th birthday, which I didn't acknowledge to anyone, and today is the longest I have gone in seven years without an overdose (that's pretty massive for me although ver unsettling). I can't bring him back here, as much as I'd love to. The only way to get to him, is to move the orange rabbits (i.e. the rescue rabbits) out the way and then I'll be able to reach him. However, all those rescue rabbits (starting with my own, of which there are two orange bunnies here and most in my dream looked like one of those) tether me to life, so they do keep me separate from Flash. And, I guess I let them keep me away from him.

Does that make any sense?

Yes that makes sense. I think perhaps you may be feeling guilty about letting other bunnies into your life but it doesnt mean you love Flash any less.
'True Love in this differs from gold and clay,
That to divide is not to take away.
Love is like understanding, that grows bright,
Gazing on many truths; '
-P.B. Shelley

I think you've probably just got a lot (maybe a bit too much) going on at once right now, and you're struggling with the past whilst worrying about the present and future. But you are strong and things will work out, although in the meantime it may be good to share the burden with someone, maybe your family or a friend? It sounds like you need a hug, and I wish I could give you one.

It must be really hard doing rescue cases, especially actually going to get them, I know I couldnt cope with it. Maybe it would be an idea to take a break from it for a while, if you can.

I hope you dont mind me saying, but I think you're being hard on yourself. You are honouring his memory by helping so many others. I'm sure he is proud that he made such a difference to so many others. You've brought light into their lives, and in some cases you've saved their lives, you are doing a wonderful thing!

*squish*

Last edited:
Back