• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oooppppps!!!

Grattbaby

Young Bun
i just posted a question in the wrong section.
it was about holland lops. i really want one!!!
iv been looking everywhere for weeks but i cant find any!
all english breeders have said that they are just the same as mini lops but other sites and mostly american breeders have said they are totally different and that the mini lop is twice the size!!
which one is right?

Its a cross between the French Lop and Netherland dwarf.I would say quite small, but heavy.
I dont know about availability in rescues....Primarily this is a pro rescue forum, as there are so many bunnies in rescue waiting for good homes.:wave:
Have you had a look on the site for one????

i have yes.
iv seen a whole load of ones i want to take home with me!!!
they are all mini lops. iv not seen any holland lops.
im just a bit worried that il get the wrong breed and end up with a big massive thing!! we have a rex, 2 dwarf lops and a angora so im a bit hesitant as to what we can cope with. another larger breed i think would be too much as it wont have adequate garden space to run and all my bunnies are inside at night and winter and im running out of cage room lol

Oh I see!! Now I understand!! Well, as long as its not a Frenchie or a Conti, youre laughing!!

What area are you in??? There are bound to be rescues you can have a chat with.One or two will rehome nationally....Im in Devon and got a Yorkshire lass!! A little Nethie.....

Best of luck in your search....stick around on here.Its not a bad place to be if youre bunny barmy!!!xx

i know!!
the french lops are adorable though!!
i live in chesterfield. iv seen one or two in barnsley and surrounding areas but i have to say iv not seen that many. iv sent a few emails out etc so il see what comes back!
we had a netherland dwarf. lovely pets but so quick!!! i could never catch mine. he used to make me look a fool running round the garden for hours!!

I have a feeling a Holland Lop is something different in the UK. Not sure though cos I don't know much about breeds other than the breeds I have myself.

The Holland Lop is a breed more commonly seen in the US and Canada...here's a good site to have a read of
http://www.rabbits-online.co.uk/Rabbit_Breed_Info.htm

The Mini Lop is the smallest breed of Lop rabbit. The adult mini lop weighs in at approx. 3 1/2 Lbs. They are very laid back rabbits, have excellent temperaments and do make wonderful house rabbits and companions. They love attention and love to be picked up, cuddled and handled. They are also very easy to house train. They have short hair which is very easy to maintain. In America the Mini Lop is known as the Holland Lop. Although lop rabbits ears are drooped to the side of the head, this in no way impairs their hearing compared to breeds with ears 'sticking up'.

The Dwarf Lop is slightly larger and heavier than a Mini Lop. Nevertheless, they are adorable, loving bunnies, although not ideal for a very young child when it comes to handling purposes. An adult dwarf lop weighs, on average 4 1/2 - 5lbs. The Dwarf Lop is very laid back, and loves cuddles, I love the personality of the dwarf lop, they are extremely loving and provide plenty of unconditional love if given the interaction they so deserve on a daily basis. They are happy to be handled and picked up. They are just as easy as a smaller breed to house-train so do make wonderful house rabbits. In America, the Dwarf Lop is called the Mini Lop, which can cause confusion if you purchase an Americanised book about rabbits.

Basically, you want a Mini Lop :)

Back