• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny.

I picked up my rescue bun yesterday and I am so happy with her.
This is my first proper rescue animal and she is so lovely. Such a funny character. She loves throwing all her toys around and generally getting into mischief.
Anyone reading this and thinking of getting a rabbit please consider adopting a rescue rabbit. There are some lovely rabbits needing homes and they really deserve a second chance.
Would you guys recommend getting her spayed as she isn't yet? Will it alter her character at all?

Thanks

Amanda x

Well, I think we definitely need pictures!

Yes to being speyed. How old is she? You may find that as she gets more hormonal she becomes a bit of a handful and will calm down once speyed. The most important reason to get her done though is for her health - unspeyed does have a very great risk of developing uterine cancer.

She sounds like a bundle of fun!

yes she is alot of fun. I'm really surprised as my boyfriend has really taken to her and get her out for cuddles when he gets in from work. He keeps stealing her from me! lol

I will attempt to post some pictures! lol. :)

She has one of her toes which seems to point upwards, does anyone know what this could be?
It doesn't hurt her and doesn't feel cold. Could she have been born like it? It doesn't seem to bother her at all. The rescue didnt mention it to me either.

Thanks

Amanda x

A knocked up toe is one that has been broken. If it doesn't cause her any pain then I wouldn't worry too much (wwould be worth mentioning to the vets). You'll just need to keep an eye on the nail to ensure it doesn't grow too long because it won't be able to wear down.

And yes, definitely a spay.

and congratulations to all of you :)

Back