• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets@Home adoption

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
So my boyfriend and I popped into P@H. I only needed a cheap litter tray and had a look at some toys for Rosie. Anyway to get to the cat section where the litter trays are you have to go past the little adoption centre. I had a little peek and saw a bunny who was apparently 4 years old...I asked about him at the counter and they said they would need a donation for the rescue the rabbit is from. I am back home now and I really can't stop thinking about him. He was just sat there looking all sad and glazed over until I made my little ticking noise that I make with Rosie and he just instantly stood up and came up to the front of the front of the cage and awww man I can't stop thinking about him...My boyfriend said if I really want he will take me there later on to pick him up....What should I do???

Can you afford another Rabbit ?

He will probably need neutering and vaccinating.

He may have Dental issues

Then there will be the routine expenses

Can you accommodate him in terms of time and space ?

I will ask about his health, see if they know of any past issues and see if he can have a check up at the vet there (since they do it with their non-adoptee rabbits). Other then that I can afford vaccinations etc and I have space :)

HAVE HIM!!!!

I have had the same thing with one of my rabbits. I only wanted some things for my piggies and I had a quick look and there was a rabbit sat in the corner. I bent down and tapped on the glass (naughty I know) and he came bounding accross and jumped up. I left him and went for a look round and he went and sat back in his corner. I thought he would do it for everyone but someone went and did the same after me and he didnt go to them so I asked the staff and they said normall he is a really shy rabbit and never goes near the glass. I left him but kept thinking about him. One night Matt (my OH) came home and said we were going out for tea. We went out and went into town and ended up in the P@H car park. We went in and he has asked him to be saved for me. They said they dont normally do this but they did this time. I asked about his health and they said he had been ill when he was younger. They explained that most the animals for adoption were poorly when they were younger and had to be split up.

He was the best buy ever and I am so glad Matt got me him as an xmas pressi. It is so worth it and it is such a good feeling!!! Please let us know what you decide!!

Katie x

Awwww :love: he did the same thing. I just gave the glass a light tap and did the little noise and he was like "oh who is that" and came jumping over and stood up trying to sniff me through the glass :love: We went and had a look around and on the other side of the shop I looked over and saw that he was back to being sat in the same place he was looking all sad and wasn't interested in anything. We will be going back in like an hour or so to ask about him

If you can afford another bun (neuter/vaccinations) then go with your heart :D

Last Sept. I lost one of my oldie buns and went to Boots opposite P@H, we popped in just to check the buns and I saw a 17 wk female in the adoption centre who was "aggressive". I couldn't stop thinking of her and 5 days later she came home. After full vet check they found she had Coccidia but with anti-biotics she had the all clear after 4 weeks.

I have always shunned P@H, alwasy getting buns from reputable rescues but there was a reason I went in that day, I don't regret my decision, if I hadn't had her I wonder whether she would have survived with the Coccidia and what would have become of her. She is now neutered and is a little sweetheart .. her name is Licky ... so much for her being aggressive!

I was on the receiving end of criticism from a few people on here for my decision to get her, but I am so glad I did.

I have been looking to bond Rosie with a male so this would be great. He is very small for a 4 year old. I am wondering what his breeding would be...hopefully in a hour or so he will be in the garden getting used to his hutch :love:

If you can afford another bun (neuter/vaccinations) then go with your heart :D

Last Sept. I lost one of my oldie buns and went to Boots opposite P@H, we popped in just to check the buns and I saw a 17 wk female in the adoption centre who was "aggressive". I couldn't stop thinking of her and 5 days later she came home. After full vet check they found she had Coccidia but with anti-biotics she had the all clear after 4 weeks.

I have always shunned P@H, alwasy getting buns from reputable rescues but there was a reason I went in that day, I don't regret my decision, if I hadn't had her I wonder whether she would have survived with the Coccidia and what would have become of her. She is now neutered and is a little sweetheart .. her name is Licky ... so much for her being aggressive!

I was on the receiving end of criticism from a few people on here for my decision to get her, but I am so glad I did.

I think it's fine getting an animal from the P@ H adoption part. They have been returned because the re unwanted for whatever reason and I think it's good that P@ H take them back. The adoption fee goes to charity too.

DSCF1885.jpg

DSCF1886.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

Went and had a look, asked about his health and he had been vaccinated but not yet neutered. He is very small, half the size of my Rosie and looks very young to me but is also very confident. He was hoping up on my boyfriend and I when we got him home and started to clean himself :) I donated £15 for him. Mum didn't actually know I was getting him but when she saw him she said as long as I can afford him I can keep him :)

Good grief, he is stunning!!
No wonder you fell for him. He does look young, so maybe he is not as old as they first thought.

Good luck with him x

Yes he has a young look about him, and he is very small. I will get him neutered and try bonding him and Rosie together :) The sign said his name is Pebbles. What do you think? My mum and boyfriend like that name but I am not sure...

Change it if you feel you would prefer, new life new start new name and all that.

I will see what vibes I get from his personality over the next couple of days. Someone suggest Rupert which I thought suited him. Rosie and Rupert. But I like to take my time when naming an animal. Choose what really suits them as a character :D

Back