• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel awful

I've been thinking about Blossom a lot tonight. I feel like it's my fault she's gone and I can't stop feeling guilty. :cry:

I had my bunnies in a quad but when they fought I split them into 2 pairs - Mischief with Blossom, Tinker with Jasper. When I went on holiday the following week for a fortnight Jasper passed away during the 2nd week. :cry: When I got home I thought it would be best if Tinkerbell went back with her brother so I put them together and kept Blossom single planning on adopting her a friend in a few weeks. I then went on another holiday the following week and my gorgeous blossom passed away. She was an old girl but I can't help thinking if I kept her with Mischief she'd still be here. What if she was stressed and that's why she died? It's all my fault. I want her back and can't stop blaming myself. I was thinking about Tink but poor Bloss ended up being alone. :cry:

I don't think it was anything to do with that, please don't beat yourself up about it. As you said, she was an older bunny, but she did have a great life with you even if it was short.

Oh I'm so sorry :(

Don't blame yourself though - it might have happened anyway, she was an old lady bun. She had a great life with you, remember all the good times x

Guilt is sadly a natural part of grief.

All you can do is learn from any situation. I suspect that maybe you weren't comfortable with what you had done anyway, which is why the guilt is feeling so overwhelming for you right now.

All you can do now is to deal with how you're feeling, and the grief. Be patient and kind to yourself.

:cry: she was an old girl :cry:
well never know but i dont think she would have died because of loneliness :(
theres nothign that can be done now try to remeber the good times not the bad
thats what i have to tell my grandma when she sad about grandad at least :(

This last weekend (March 16 specifically) marked the two year anniversary of the day I had to take my 14 year old Mackenzie River Husky, Shadow, to the vet to be released from his failing body. After all this time, I continue to review the last year of his life-and particularly the last three months-wondering if there weren't signs I should've seen that would've prompted me to act on either treating his disease better or releasing him before his situation had become hopeless. I know this is not the same as what happened with your dear bunnies, but the end result is comparable. I blame myself and I analyze my judgement.
But as Sky-O said, it's part of grief. She is so spot on in her comments. We love our animal companions like our children, so there is little wonder we question ourselves at every turn as to how we could've done things differently no matter what the situation.

((((((((((((((((Big hugs)))))))))))))))))) for you and I wish I could take the hurt away. Please be good to yourself. I hope you can take comfort in knowing there are others who empathize with you.

Back