• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttons has gone for a spay today

okikokikate

Mama Doe
Wish her luck!
While shes 'out' they are gonna trim her nails too, double check her eye and give her an M.O.T

Last edited:
Feels so strange without her here
She will have been done by now, vets will ring me at 2pm ish to let me know what's going on and when I can pick her up :)

She hasnt come out of her cat carrier since shes been back. not eating either. looking v sorry for herself :(
i feel so mean

aaah -has she had pain relief?

How long has she been home for?
Did she poop etc at the vets ?
Did she eat there?
Has she drunk anything?

sorry for all the questions:oops: but just checking;)

Make sure she has a warm snugglesafe for her to lay on thats in a covered hidey area...she might be a little cold..

lotsa recovery vibes for Buttons...its a big op for themxxx

Oh Im new to being a rabbit owner. I didnt ask. I feel terrible...
They have given me a recovery sachet tht im to mix with water.
Shes turned her head away from her fave pellet and parsley.
I dont have a snugglesafe :/

All of my snuggle safes were being used so I didn't have one, but people on here told me that warming a blanket/towel on a radiator/tumble dryer is just as good :) Poppy loved it :) I don't think she would have liked the hard snuggle safe either so it worked well. I had about 3 on rotation; a blanket, tea towel and a smaller pet blanket :)

Still nothing. shes started occassionally hopping around and grooming.
Have made the sachet up
Shes doing her sleepy face so she will be snoozing soon.
gonna try warm some things up now for her to be comfy

fill a sock with some rice, warm it in the microwave for ~20 seconds if you want a very basic heat source, but keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't try eating it.

If she hasn't had any pain relief, please contact yuor vet and ask for some metacam, dog metacam, relevant to her weight.

Think of it as a hysterectomy, very very painful.

Back