• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rum and Raisin update

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Thesetwo are just the most brilliant house guests ever. No stray droppings, no chewing wires or furniture and full of energy and binkies! I have been changing things around outside so decided to give them a change in their crate. I am trying them with only one litter tray but giving them a wooden box to break the space up so they can get away from each other if they need to. They have been enjoying their outside time in the sunshine and are getting used to the sights, smells and sounds out there.

The crate has gone from this,

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

To this

20120318_123628.jpg

And enjoying the new box!

20120318_123709.jpg

20120318_124417.jpg

Last edited:
Awww Ali they are gorgeous!! You have done brilliantly with them. So glad they are back together again!

Bless them, they sound like they are so happy with you!

XX

Awww Ali they are gorgeous!! You have done brilliantly with them. So glad they are back together again!

Bless them, they sound like they are so happy with you!

XX

Thank you! They are really just so cute it makes leaving them alone quite hard!. Rum is moulting and looked awful yesterday so I used that as an excuse for a cuddle! I could not believe how much hair came out of a mini lop.:lol::lol: And she still needs more grooming...More cuddles tomorrow methinks:love:::lol:

Thank you! They are really just so cute it makes leaving them alone quite hard!. Rum is moulting and looked awful yesterday so I used that as an excuse for a cuddle! I could not believe how much hair came out of a mini lop.:lol::lol: And she still needs more grooming...More cuddles tomorrow methinks:love:::lol:

My mini lop Matilda is moulting like crazy to! I literally made another Matilda sized furball of fluff!!!

Those pix are so sweet they're making my teeth fall out! :)
What a nifty setup! When and if I ever get my three bonded I'm going to have to try something like that. Secure and yet simple. I would never have thought of making a litterbox out of...is that a storage box? High sided so it keeps those 'flyballs' contained. (Pip has a bad habit of trying to bean me with cleverly flicked poos ... since her night habitat is three feet from the head of my bed and I sleep with my mouth open...well... You get the idea. :X )
They are such a cute couple. If ever I need cheering up I just look for their pix in here.

Moulting...ugh! I think my buns have been moulting for months. Mimz has this odd bum skirt that just keeps coming back and no matter how often I comb it there's always more. :( Fiver sheds due to how nervous he gets. He still hasn't plumed back out from his last vet trip two weeks ago. And Pip has lost all her lion's mane. :cry:
They're a right ratty crew!

Those pix are so sweet they're making my teeth fall out! :)
What a nifty setup! When and if I ever get my three bonded I'm going to have to try something like that. Secure and yet simple. I would never have thought of making a litterbox out of...is that a storage box? High sided so it keeps those 'flyballs' contained. (Pip has a bad habit of trying to bean me with cleverly flicked poos ... since her night habitat is three feet from the head of my bed and I sleep with my mouth open...well... You get the idea. :X )
They are such a cute couple. If ever I need cheering up I just look for their pix in here.

Moulting...ugh! I think my buns have been moulting for months. Mimz has this odd bum skirt that just keeps coming back and no matter how often I comb it there's always more. :( Fiver sheds due to how nervous he gets. He still hasn't plumed back out from his last vet trip two weeks ago. And Pip has lost all her lion's mane. :cry:
They're a right ratty crew!

I know what you mean about the'skirt', makes them look like a hovercraft! :lol: Sometimes their moult seems to go on forever yet other times it is hardly noticeable. :roll:

Yes, that's a storage box. I cut it with a stanley knife then smoothed off sharp edges. Some of them have duct tape over the cut parts which I haven't managed to get south enough. The boxes were about $2 each and are by far the best for litter trays I have. Also, turn them upside down and they make great dens to have in a run because they can hide in them our sit on them.

Glad they cheer you up, they always bring a smile to my face too!

Back