• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is This Normal ... Help Needed

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hello Everyone :wave:

OK so i was in the garden earlier with Grant my OH and he said look at Whisky...

she was running up to her blue storage box in the run and pulling all the hay out and then gathering it up and running into the shed with it. when we opened the shed she was in the blue storage box in there adding the hay she had just brought up and digging in the storage box.

she is 7 months old now and i was wondering is that her telling me she is now an adult and burring like she would in the wild before having babies?

should i be worried or is that quit normal? I'm hopefully booking her in for her spay at the end of April :) x

Is there any chance at all that she could be pregnant?

If not, then likely it's just your average false pregnancy. She will go through a process. It's importat to let her and leave her until she destroys the nest (ensuring you give large amounts of hay too so that she can make a nest and still have still to eat).

Is there any chance at all that she could be pregnant?

If not, then likely it's just your average false pregnancy. She will go through a process. It's importat to let her and leave her until she destroys the nest (ensuring you give large amounts of hay too so that she can make a nest and still have still to eat).

No chance that she is pregnant she is all alone in the shed and hasn't been near any male rabbits. how will i know when she has destroyed it in the storage box and how long do they normal last? x

The length can vary. You will likely see she makes a proper nest that, once she has done, she will likely spread it around and make it unnestlike. If it's difficult to see, then have a gentle prod around but be aware she might be more territorial than normal.

Don't panic if she lactates and gets swollen nipples after too.

The length can vary. You will likely see she makes a proper nest that, once she has done, she will likely spread it around and make it unnestlike. If it's difficult to see, then have a gentle prod around but be aware she might be more territorial than normal.

Don't panic if she lactates and gets swollen nipples after too.

Ok Thank you i will keep an eye on her. she has a jab on the 2nd April and tats when im booking her in for her op is that going to be a problem if she is have a false pregnancy? sorry about all the questions she is my first bunny and im not sure what to do :oops:

Ok Thank you i will keep an eye on her. she has a jab on the 2nd April and tats when im booking her in for her op is that going to be a problem if she is have a false pregnancy? sorry about all the questions she is my first bunny and im not sure what to do :oops:

Your Vet may not want to spay her immediately after a pseudopregnancy. The Vet may advise waiting a few weeks.

Your Vet may not want to spay her immediately after a pseudopregnancy. The Vet may advise waiting a few weeks.

just gave her her veg for the night and she seems fine and it looks as though she has flattened whatever she was doing before down. i cant see anything that looks like a nest anymore :?

My childhood doe had so many false pregnancies, poor thing. I didnt know you could get does neutered then. In my experience, she would start to make a nest, then after a few days line it with her fur (plucked from her dewlap and chest) and become very aggressive and territorial. She would be very distressed if anyone removed the nest, so we had to sort of clean around it for a while (whilst she couldnt get in the area of course, as she'd attack if we were near it). If it was disturbed, she'd often destroy it. These periods of time varied in length, normally a week to two weeks I think. It may have been my imagination, but she always seemed sort of deflated after (emotionally), I imagine its quite a stressful experience and I wonder if they think they have misscarried.

Last edited:
Back