• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new Burgess Excel ranges

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
What are everyones opinions on them? I know the cubes have been discussed quite a lot on here but has anyone seen the new Sensitive nuggets? They're also releasing a new "super absorbent" bedding for small animals but not seen anything related to this yet.

They've started stocking the "Sensitive" pellets in P@H for rabbits and guineas (but not on the website yet). I'm actually really impressed with them! The pellets are lighter in colour than science selective and apparently contain 25% crude fibre. I can post all the nutritional information off the back of the bag if people would like.

:wave:

I have only seen the sensitive nuggets in the trade magazine but to be honest I can't understand why they didnt just improve their existing range rather than bring out more :?

I don't see why they can't just change the old one but I guess they can charge a bit more for this new product. It's probably only pennies more but the increased fibre content won't, IMO, mean much to the "average" owner.

I'll post the information tomorrow as I don't want to start rumaging around in the shed right now :wave:

What are everyones opinions on them? I know the cubes have been discussed quite a lot on here but has anyone seen the new Sensitive nuggets? They're also releasing a new "super absorbent" bedding for small animals but not seen anything related to this yet.

They've started stocking the "Sensitive" pellets in P@H for rabbits and guineas (but not on the website yet). I'm actually really impressed with them! The pellets are lighter in colour than science selective and apparently contain 25% crude fibre. I can post all the nutritional information off the back of the bag if people would like.

:wave:

I've seen this at the vets this week. It's a tiny bale of Megazorb. I have no idea how much it will cost but I can't see it being cost effective. It actually states it's from the makers of Megazorb (presumeably to steal some of the MZ market), and would probably do about 4 litter trays or maybe 6 at a push.

Nice idea but small package which I imagine will make it work out a very expensive way to buy it. Of course it does make it more convenient for people who can't buy an enormous great sack of the stuff.

since burgess added mint into the food mine wont touch it, but will touch the one for 'mature rabbits' with Ginseng and Cranberries...
Yet the devils will steal the Guinepig food with mint in...:roll:

They seem to be pricing themselves out of the market with a lot of their products lately, not sure why

Back