• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Prayer for the Poorly Rabbit

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
When my Benjamin was very ill and fighting for his life, I fastened this poem that I had written to the side of his nursing cage. I want to share it here if that is ok, and if anyone wants to copy it and print it for your own use in times of need, then please do. I'm sure it helped my Benjamin, and I want to share it xxx

PRAYER FOR THE POORLY ONES

He’s just a little baby Lord, who perhaps should not be here.
But he needs your help so very much, and someone holds him dear.
I know that Mother Nature said he could not stay here long,
But please Lord, will you talk to her and ask her, make him strong?
You see, he really wants to live he’s trying hard to stay,
But he’s so tiny, weak and frail and I can only pray.
Please Bless this little life form Lord, please let him stay with me.
Please do not call him back just yet, I love this little bun, you see .
I know I never could repay this blessing that I plead,
But Id never let you once regret, leaving him with me.
I thank you Lord for yesterday, I thank you for today.
I thank you without question, for sending him my way.
My earthly hands can only do as much as You allow.
And if I need some extra help, please will you send it now?
Whatever your decision is, I never will lose sight,
That for a while you Blessed me with this precious, fragile life.
I wont regret a single step of this journey Ive begun.
I know that you are listening,
So dear Lord, Thy will be done.

Anne.M.Kenyon

That's beautiful. :) I'll have to put athe copy of that up near Mimzy's habitat since he's chronically ill. Thank you for posting it. :)

thats so beautiful xxxx

Thankyou Chelle xxxx When I wrote it, I genuinely was praying for extra healing powers in my hands, but I also wanted, should things not turn out the way I was pleading/praying for, never to lose sight of the fact that I was indeed blessed with a very precious life. :love:

Back