• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Belgian hares

Mollyrose

Warren Scout
i Brought a Belgian hare Buck in september 2011. sadly Rocky died at 10 months old from pneumonia only hours after we were told that we had cleared up his never ending cycle of Ringworm. (he was given to us at five months with a serious case of Itchy legs :( ) we brought a tan hare doe for him in november, but we were never able to put them together because of this contagious infection. Now that my most beautiful angel has gone, (8th march 12) we now have a new 13 week old Belgian Buck, 'Chester' :) he's an absolute sweety!.. We are hoping to pair Rosie (Black and tan Hare Doe) with Little Chester when they are both Neutered/Spayed after Easter some time. Any info on bonding rabbits would be great as i have no idea how to go about it!, Many thanks Molly :)

Hi, I have 2 belgian hare crosses, the only thing that differs to bonding normal buns in my experience is they tend to be a bit more highly strung and flighty so a very safe environment is necessary :D

Welcome to RU.:wave:

You'll find loads of help and support on here.

Perhaps start a thread specifically about bonding belgian hares. Worth a try.:thumb:

Best of luck.

Thanks for the Help!
Looking Forward to using and looking through all the helpful stuff on the Forum! :thumb: x

Back