• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ten lil bun's in a run (lots hiding in the little house)

i am only keeping the mum (big ginger one) and one i dont have a pic of called patch(black and white with a patch on her face)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on you for saving them! :love:

However just a few points:

They don't look like they have any hay in there, do they? It's their main source of food and should make up 80% of their diet so it's very important!

How old are they now? Rabbits can breed VERY early. I'm not sure on the exact age but I think it's from around 3 months or even earlier! It would definitely be wise to separate males and females asap, and get them checked over by as many people as you know to make sure they're all correctly sexed. If you could take them to the vets to sex them that would be ideal, but if you contact a local rabbit friendly rescue I'm sure they can spare a volunteer to just come out and double check your findings. Better to be safe than sorry, as one mistake could lead to lots of pregnant bunnies!

I read from one of your previous posts that you're only planning to keep the mom, how are you going to rehome the babies? Please have some way of ensuring that they go to good homes where they will be treated well. Perhaps if you spoke to a local rescue or RSPCA, etc, they might work with you to rehome them? They might take them off you or be happy to leave them in your care while they find homes, but they will do all the work for you. Many people want baby bunnies so that's a good plus point.

One last thing, if you plan to keep any please keep them as a pair or more. They'll be very lonely alone. They will also both need neutering which is about £50 for boys and £60-70 for girls. Your run looks like a good size so that's great, but you'll need a hutch to attach to it (6 x 2 x 2 foot is the recommended minimum). They also need lots of fresh hay several times a day (a bale of hay from a farmer or horse shop is very cheap), a handful or two of suitable fresh veg per day and a very small bowl of pellets per day also.

I hope you manage to keep a pair and rehome the rest if that's what you choose to do with them. We're here for any questions you may want to ask and any advice you want :thumb:

Last edited:
Back