• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think someone's being hormonal today....*sighs*

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Bella was nesting this morning :( she's stopped now but has been running around non stop since, destroying everything in sight and just being hyper :? Poor Boris is trying to sleep and looks rather annoyed at constantly being interrupted! She was pulling the rug while he was sitting on it :roll: She has days like this occasionally but usually she goes back to normal within a few hours, still I can't help but worry about her :( Is there anything I can do to calm her down do you think? She seems ok in herself, just very hyper!

Honey does that, she digs and tugs at the blanket while poor Olly's trying to sleep on it! :roll: she normally calms down after a bit and goes to sleep with him though. Sometimes Olly gets up and goes to sleep somewhere else, bless him :love:

I would maybe try to tire her out. Play with her and make her use up her energy or stick her on the grass for a little while for a run around. That way she can't destroy anything aswell. Might work? :?

I can't remember, and sorry if im wrong, but is Bella spayed? I genuinely can't remember if you were able to get her spayed out there?

Be careful if she is hormonal, as at this time of the year, an unspayed or even spayed doe would be having her 5th or 6th litter, possibly more if i remember rightly, so if she upsets Boris too much, he *may* switch and get fed up of it.

Honey does that, she digs and tugs at the blanket while poor Olly's trying to sleep on it! :roll: she normally calms down after a bit and goes to sleep with him though. Sometimes Olly gets up and goes to sleep somewhere else, bless him :love:

Boris has done that a few times today :lol: He just looks at her like "What the...?" and then moves. Problem is she follows eventually :roll: I feel so bad for them both! They're going to be exhausted tonight!

I tried chasing her around a little which seemed to help, she's gone quiet now :shock: I really hope she calms down soon :(

I can't remember, and sorry if im wrong, but is Bella spayed? I genuinely can't remember if you were able to get her spayed out there?

Be careful if she is hormonal, as at this time of the year, an unspayed or even spayed doe would be having her 5th or 6th litter, possibly more if i remember rightly, so if she upsets Boris too much, he *may* switch and get fed up of it.

No she isn't :( Can't find a vet competent enough to be able to perform the op :cry: She isn't usually that affected by her hormones, but every now and then something sets her off and she goes a little crazy. I'm keeping a close eye on their interactions but I'm not seeing any signs of aggression from him *fingers crossed* He just seems to get a little annoyed when she keeps waking him up.

No she isn't :( Can't find a vet competent enough to be able to perform the op :cry: She isn't usually that affected by her hormones, but every now and then something sets her off and she goes a little crazy. I'm keeping a close eye on their interactions but I'm not seeing any signs of aggression from him *fingers crossed* He just seems to get a little annoyed when she keeps waking him up.

Ah right, then right now, is a major time for her, spring is here, she should be making babies as far as she's concerned. Her hormones are driving her.

Just be very cautious of her behaviour around him, he could get annoyed by her at a moments notice :wave:

I'm sorry to here the vets aren't so helpful, that must be a worry, what with the risks etc :(

Vibes for Bella to calm down for everyone.

Ah right, then right now, is a major time for her, spring is here, she should be making babies as far as she's concerned. Her hormones are driving her.

Just be very cautious of her behaviour around him, he could get annoyed by her at a moments notice :wave:

I'm sorry to here the vets aren't so helpful, that must be a worry, what with the risks etc :(

Vibes for Bella to calm down for everyone.

Thanks for being so supportive :wave: I've just been to check on them and they're sitting in opposite corners looking veeery sleepy :lol: So hopefully she'll calm down now. The room is a mess though :shock: Looks like I'll have some sweeping to do later then....

It is a big concern, yeah :( I just hope I'll be able to move somewhere else and take them with me so I can find them a good vet. Bella needs to be spayed and Boris has ongoing problems with pasteurella as you know, so it's basically essential at this point. There are rabbit savvy vets in other cities but they are just useless where I'm at, I'm not sure why that is. In a way we're lucky to be here because at least we don't have to worry about Myxi and VHD...but the veterinary care has some serious flaws :(

Thanks for being so supportive :wave: I've just been to check on them and they're sitting in opposite corners looking veeery sleepy :lol: So hopefully she'll calm down now. The room is a mess though :shock: Looks like I'll have some sweeping to do later then....

It is a big concern, yeah :( I just hope I'll be able to move somewhere else and take them with me so I can find them a good vet. Bella needs to be spayed and Boris has ongoing problems with pasteurella as you know, so it's basically essential at this point. There are rabbit savvy vets in other cities but they are just useless where I'm at, I'm not sure why that is. In a way we're lucky to be here because at least we don't have to worry about Myxi and VHD...but the veterinary care has some serious flaws :(

You're welcome, at least you are trying, which is more than can be said for a lot of people :wave: :)

You've made me bring up a good point actually - be careful with how she is with Boris, as you may or may not know, Pasteurella can be flared up massively by stress, so if she starts annoying him, it could trigger a rather snotty episode :(

It's annoying isn't it, how not all vets know about rabbits, when they are such a common pet. I really hope, at some point soon you are able to have her spayed, for everyones sake :) How old is Bella?

Yeah I thought about that too as he sneezed very loudly this morning :( His breathing was bad a few days ago as well but seems better today. I'll be watching him like a hawk the next couple of days :( Not that I don't always :roll:

The lack of knowledge really does annoy me. Rabbits are fairly common pets over here so you'd think they'd know to neuter and spay at least :? But no. I didn't know how bad things were when I got Boris neutered, I didn't know any better so I saw no reason not to trust the vet. I realise now that he's probably incredibly lucky to even be alive, since that particular clinic does no longer treat small animals due to patients dying :cry: Just hoping and praying that I'll be able to get my girly spayed in the near future, although admittedly I'll be a nervous wreck when it does happen! :shock: She's turning 3 years old in April. Not old, but old enough to develop problems sadly :(

Back