• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure why, but i feel really emotive about my buns passing away last night/today?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I've been sat here thinking about it constantly and i can't get it out of my mind.

How will it happen?
Why will it happen?
What does it look like when a rabbit dies?

I can only remember the death of my two old bunnies - one was from poisoning and the other from another unknown illness :cry:

Why can't i get these horrible images out of my mind :(

This is not funny and why now?

Perhaps 'cos i am stressed at the moment, but why think of that?! :evil:

I would bet it is because you are stressed. Stress leaves your mind open and vulnerable to the basic, every day things that bother you but that you try not to focus on.

After Flash died, even when I was a long way down the grieving process, whenever life got hard and stressful I wouldn't get stressed about whatever it was, I would cry and be desperate to see Flash because that was where my mind was vulnerable.

*squishes tight* You know where I am if you want a chat. x

I hope your ok.
I get like that sometimes. I will upset myself thinking about what will happen to the buns when that time comes.
After Stanley died it made me think about it more.
It's ok to think about it tho I think. It's because you care about them so much.
Xx

Stress has a hell of a lot to answer for .. I think you need to go give your beautiful Biscuit and Ginger a big squish :love: x

(((hugs))) Sky-O is right, our minds do funny things when we are stressed.

I know exactly how you feel though. My mind has been in a strange place through lack of sleep and all sorts. I too keep having horrible thoughts, feelings and fears about my buns :(. I think when Gypsy had EC and was so weak and helpless it also hit me like a ton of bricks how fragile our bunnies are. I know she and Storm are not getting any younger, it's not something I used to dwell on to much but now I seem to carry it with me all the time :cry:

I hope that you feel less stressed soon X

Its funny how the mind plays.

Since I've lost Hera, my first thought as I open my eyes in the morning is for all the animals I have lost over the years, and its the last thoughts as I try to get to sleep at night. I guess its my minds way of trying to make sense of things.

On the positive side, the sort of thoughts you are having will encourage you to make the most of what you have, when you have it.

These little lives entrusted to us are so fleeting and precious, but don't allow thoughts of what is an inevitable event to spoil the enjoyment you have every day with them.

I completely understand these feelings, as unwanted and unpleasant as they are.
I think it's because we want a sense of preparedness with the idea that it will give us some kind of control over future events.

This too shall pass.

I agree with BeeBee...tell Biccy and Gingey it's snorgle time! (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

You don't sound like your normal self with this thread. Think it must be things getting on top of you.

I hope you start to feel happier soon x

I've felt like that in the past Gray. i think it's the unknown and worrying over how my remaining bunnies and I would cope. I don't think it's a bad thing to contemplate on rare ocassions so as to be a bit prepared but try not to dwell on it too much. Maybe put on some upbeat music for a bit if you can?

((hugs))

The mind is a wonderful & complex thing!

A house move is one of the most stressful things you can do in life. You are planning this, have planned a wedding and got married in the last year and had countless trips to the vets with your beloved buns + no doubt endured a number of sleepness nights along the way. Just one of these things would be enough to send some folk bonkers (me included) & leave them feeling utterly exhausted! It's easy to forget how much you've done, are doing and how well you deal with day to day 'stuff' :thumb:

Who knows why you're thinking what you're thinking right now but I bet some of it will be linked to something sub conscious. I think it's good that you think about these sorts of things and explore them mentally. Being able to then move on and think about more 'positive' things is important. If you are able to do this then I wouldn't try and analyse it any more :wave:

Thanks guys.

I just keep getting like, flashes in my eyes of seeing one or both of them laying there, each time in a different situation, position etc.

I know im stressed, this house buying malarky is HARD, so yes, letting things get to me i normally wouldn't.

Biscuit can't DBF yesterday or today without me waking him up :( He will start hating me soon for it!!

Them there bunnies of yours are your Sanity.If you lose one, its gonna hurt and because of current stresses, youre starting to fret.
The important thing is to not let on to them.They are perceptive devils and will pick up on your mood.
QUICK!! Hug them both and give a noserub.xxxx

Aw Graham big hugs.

I agree with what BB Mommy says, about making the most of the here and now and trying not to worry about the future. Make the most of the time you have with your bunnies because, the way I feel about Fay, and all our bunnies, is that it is just like a beautiful dream. Having Fay was a beautiful dream but 2 and a half years has just gone by in the flash of an eye :cry:

I worried a lot about losing a bun and all I can say now is that when the time comes nothing can prepare you for it but somehow you find a way through. Don't dwell on that though, think about all the fun and lovely times you have with your buns, lots and lots of happy memories to treasure forever - nothing can take that away. :love:

I can only agree with what everyone has said...and hope youre feeling alittle better - youve had a lot going on and are the one who has dealt with everything so well and with so much strength...give yourself a break and the bunnies a snuggle:love:and try not dwell on these thoughts..they are with us for however long they are....try spend this time loving them and not worrying ouyrself sick ...hug hugs xxxx

aw this is such an awful feeling and i know what you mean and just how you feel. :cry:

years ago i started doing this with my first dog. he was only middle aged but i stressed myself out thinking of how he would die, would i find him or would i have to decide to put him to sleep, how would i go on without him etc, etc..

looking back i wonder if it was because i'd never lost a pet before (except same as you as a child when parents dealt with it) i didn't know what to expect or how i would react and deal with it.

these are things you just can't predict, Rocky went on to live until he was 17 and i had to have him PTS but i was strong for him and i dealt with it when he needed me as i know you will when the time arrives.

try not to dwell on it too much, enjoy them, live for the moment with them as they seem happy at the moment (i saw the escape and explore pictures and they made me smile a lot!)

hugs x

This sounds awful, but having lost my beloved Kane & Sparkle so suddenly in early December, whilst the shock is horrific and it took so long to find out what happened to them, I think I have dealt with it better than, for example, thinking about my old dog when he was still here, seeing him getting older and frailer and wondering when the decision would come, or as now, having an old horse and thinking the same thing.

Its a huge worry and one we know we will all face, but you deal with it when it happens, honestly you do.
Losing Kane & Sparkle in the way I did meant that I hadn't spent time worrying about them, one day I was loving them and doing all the normal things that normal outdoors bunny mommies do, and the next day they were gone :cry:
I agree with others, you have to live in the moment - thats all they do
x

Gosh, so strange to see so many understanding something which I thought was uniquely my own! It's got to be the stress, whenever I'm stressed I start fretting about my brigade, imagining symptoms, dreaming about deaths, or getting lost/stolen. But sometimes also when I see them having a lovely day out in the garden, munching on the lawn or dozing in the sun, and I wonder how I will do without them, how long will it be and how it will happen. Nuts isn't it?! But it's because we care, its the thing we dread most so its always there, lurking just out of sight, ready to spring up when our reserves are low!

Hope you feel better soon. I certainly feel more normal reading some of these posts!

Graham! :wave:

Don't worry, we all think about this no and again! I can't imagine ever saying goodbye to Rodge & Orla, I love my trips out into the garden to visit them every morning!

Hope you're ok and B&G are well! xx

I get like this too, usually when Im anxious or stressed. Sometimes I just look at them and think, I cant imagine my life without you :cry: I cant bear the thought, i dont know why I do it to myself :(:evil:

(((HUGS)))

I get like this too when I'm stressed or bad day. The image of my Frasier so ill and then pts is horrible and breaks my heart. I'm in denial most of the time with Darcy. I just can't cope with the thought of him not here with me. Just typing that it is hard. Give them a big cuddle and nosey rub. Distract yourself with something else. Darcy sends you big bunny smoooooshes xxxxx

Back