• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's official.....

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Mary officially doesn't like me! :( :cry: :lol:

I went into their run just now to sit with them as I'm the only one up, Zoid came over and sniffed me and whatnot, mary came over then went away.

I then lied down in the run, and mary just stared me out, she started to edge close, her teeth grinding a bit (from what i could hear :? ) then zoid got in her way and she couldn't see me anymore and she thumped.... so i thought that's it, i'm not a celebrity but get me out of here :lol:

as i got out the run, she thumped even harder, and made some like grunting noise, i don't think she was best pleased that i chose to sit in there for like 15 minutes... :( :cry:

:( I don't think she will ever like me :(

Awe...........it does take time for some rabbits to get use to people. I don't know her story. Is Mary a new rescue?

Maybe she didn't like you invading 'her' space. Do you let them out of the pen at all? Just like with bonding rabbits I this sometimes as a human to bond with rabbits you need to sometimes let it happen somewhere neutral.

When we first got Nutmeg she really didn't like it if anyone went in her cage. But we opened the door and let her out when we were around and after a while she built up the courage to come out, and then to get near me, and then after a bit she relaxed around me.

Some buns just arent cuddle buns. Fudge bites me if I pick him up and Chloe legs it if I put my hands near her!

These things happen buddy, don't let it get you down.

Some rabbits are 'rabbity' rabbits and just prefer their own kind, so the fact you were in 'her' space probably upset her.

Oh i know, but i always thought she'd come round to me... i guess last night proved that :(

Dont take it personally she is just being a rabbit. Personally I think my girls are less friendly then my boys. Dutchie is a real cuddly bun and Albert will tooth purr if you stroke him on the ground but cries if you pick him up - he is 3 1/2 and I have had him from 6 months so you would think he would trust me now but its just nature

Don't worry, I get the filthiest looks from Spenser on a very regular basis. I am allowed to pet him if he is in the mood, and only if all four paws are on the ground.

He's been particularly awkward this week - I think it's partly because my folks are on holiday and he only has one human dancing attendance on him, but the coming of spring is probably a factor. Lord Spense has had a couple of unprovoked thumping and even honking episodes this week. :shock:

Mary obviously doesn't want to share Zoidberg with anyone..............even you!!!

Well you have got Mrs. Waterhouse and Finley................:love::love:

My Charlie is also a bun who is happy to be stroked on his terms, hates being picked up, but when he is held he is fine. BUT if I go to stroke him he will squeeze himself under may hand, belly to the floor and crawl away! Then other days he will put his head down for noserubs! Weird!

Casper on the other hand is always up for cuddles, strokes, he still doesn't like to be picked up that much, but he is fine when held.

They are brothers but so different.

I can see that Charlie is a more a bun's bun, and Casper likes both buns and people!

I wouldn't get too upset and just persevere!

Back