• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to brighten up your garden?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I was searching for ways to brighten up my garden earlier (as I'm hopeless at keeping plants alive) and this was one of the first suggestions. :shock:

shy-kidz.jpg

lifesize, faceless dolls designed to stand in corners or lean against walls as if they're being punished — "make an ideal gift for any occasion." They cost $115 each (although Shy Kid-making kits go for about half that), and are also known as "time out dolls, timeout doll, pouty pouting dolls, tantrum tots, shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids," according to Sharon or a Sharon representative. "[T]hese dolls are not designed as toys but as stunning addition to any room. ... Stand one in the corner of a room, against a couch, on the porch or anywhere you like and watch the reaction of your guests or just enjoy."

Oh, and thankfully: There is no maximum to the number of Shy Kids you can order

Is it just me that thinks these are incredibly creepy? :shock:

Incredibly creepy :shock:
There is a house near my boyfriends mums house and the owner has mannequins all dressed up and staring out from the bushes that you see whenever you go past :shock:

Weird. And the fact they're all facing the wall as if they're being punished. Yuk. Seriously weird. But then, so are those... babies... they have a name but I can't recall it.* They look like real babies and they cost serious money and there's something very strange about wanting them (well, I think it's strange).

However, talk of the mannequin garden, LittleEskimo, reminds me of a garden near a friend of mine here in France. Known locally among the British as the Voodoo Garden, a French woman has used lots of dolls in her garden and posed them riding bikes, rocking horses, and generally doing things. Thing is, none of them are clothed and some of them are missing limbs. It is very, very strange and not a little worrying! :lol:

ETA: * they're Reborn Babies and adult women buy them and take them out and about as if they were real babies... :?

Last edited:
Weird. And the fact they're all facing the wall as if they're being punished. Yuk. Seriously weird. But then, so are those... babies... they have a name but I can't recall it.* They look like real babies and they cost serious money and there's something very strange about wanting them (well, I think it's strange).

However, talk of the mannequin garden, LittleEskimo, reminds me of a garden near a friend of mine here in France. Known locally among the British as the Voodoo Garden, a French woman has used lots of dolls in her garden and posed them riding bikes, rocking horses, and generally doing things. Thing is, none of them are clothed and some of them are missing limbs. It is very, very strange and not a little worrying! :lol:

ETA: * they're Reborn Babies and adult women buy them and take them out and about as if they were real babies... :?

That sounds terrifying :shock: I would hate to walk past on a dark night!

That's very disturbing! :shock: Surely no parent actually enjoys punishing their kids? So for someone to want to constantly feel that they were says something very worrying about them!

Back