• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just taken my friends bunny 'Sandy' to be neutered u/d Grass Nomming :)

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
After 2+ years of drip feeding information, using the 'softly softly' approach and more recently the 'look, just get him neutered' approach :oops::lol: .....my friend has finally plucked up the courage to have her rabbit 'Sandy' neutered and I've just dropped him off at the vets *looks anxious & bites nails*

Once thought to be a girl bun (hence the name) :oops: he is really nice natured and I can honestly say the easiest to handle bun I've ever encountered :love: We hope the op goes well and that he is up and nomming again very soon :love: I will be collecting him this afternoon and then helping to monitor his recovery this evening and tomorrow.

Eventually my friend would like Sandy to have a hunbun to live with :love: :thumb::love: but I've said to wait a few weeks for Sandys hormones to settle so to give any bond a good chance of working. She also has a little work to do re. suitable accomodation ;)

So to all those who have friends with solo/un-neutered buns. Don't give up! :lol::wave:

Last edited:
I hope the neuter goes well and Sandy is back to his usual self soon.

Well done for managing to change his life for the better, fingers crossed he gets a friend soon.

hope it goes well for him. I remember meeting this "girlie bun" and pointing out "her" nice set of testicles!:lol:

Well soon he won't have them!
Well done for the persuasion Jen :D

Hope all goes well for Sandy. It's almost a year since I had Spenser done, and I well remember how nervous I was. I drank 15 mugs of very strong black tea. :oops:

Thank you for the lovely replies :wave:

Sandy is home, not very with it yet but sleeping his op off in a huge mound of hay :love: I'll be back down to check on him in a couple of hours. Recovery food on standby :thumb:

I'm glad he is home, and sending recovery vibes. :wave:

I wasn't allowed to pick Spenser up until 7pm. :evil: I think the vet regretted keeping us waiting as by then Spenser was bristling with indignation and the she had the embarrassment of being unable to show me how to check his wound. :lol:

I'm glad he is home, and sending recovery vibes. :wave:

I wasn't allowed to pick Spenser up until 7pm. :evil: I think the vet regretted keeping us waiting as by then Spenser was bristling with indignation and the she had the embarrassment of being unable to show me how to check his wound. :lol:

Yes ideally he would have been at the vets a while longer but I wasn't able to get in to town any later to pick him up. I have the snuggle safe ready for my friend to use & a selection of herbs to tempt him into nomming again. Hope he eats of his own accord soon :)

I think he's ok. Just come back from checking him again (last time for tonight). I've syringe fed him a few ml's of recovery food as I don't think he's drank anything since coming back from the vets and I felt he should have some fluids in him. He hasn't touched his food yet. My friend has promised to text me at 7am to let me know how he is. If he's not eaten overnight we'll need to syringe feed him a decent amount 1st thing.

He's certainly moving around more and looking more alert so hoping he'll be much brighter & eating for himself by the time I see him next. He's sat on a snuggle safe and has a den stuffed full of the softest nommiest hay I've ever seen!

Thank you for asking :wave:

I think it was a bit later than this that Spenser had his first post-neuter nom. I suppose bunnies react differently to GA, plus it will depend what time they of the day they have their op. Spenser's first poos were quite late too, and looked like little black peppercorns. I hope Sandy has a comfortable night and isn't missing his plums too much.

He seems much brighter today. He's been allowed in the bottom 1/2 of his hutch to encourage a bit of 'movement' but I've instructed that he isn't to go into his run until this afternoon and the temp has risen. His hutch is very sheltered & covered with a thick horse rug + he has a snuggle safe.

When I left him at 9am he was chomping on some fresh grass and had eaten a chunk of apple so I'm hoping by this afternoon he'll have poo'd and will be feeling much better :D

Hopefully the grass will get things moving and your next update will be to report poo. I hope your weather is better than ours - it is very wet and distinctly chilly here.

Back