• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new home needed for our lovely ruby

we have a lovely little neutered black and white broken butterfly mini-lop who is about 7 months old.
She is lovely and friendly and loves to sit on the sofa with us, but she does not get on with our other house rabbit.
vet thinks its a dominance thing and to keep them separated but this is not an ideal situation, can anyone help?

What methods of bonding have you tried?

I'm sure you could make this work, it may need some effort on your part, but i'm sure you could do it, if done properly, with advice :)

we have had them in the bath together, and they just sit at either end, then when u take them out, ruby starts to hump radley's head and then the fighting starts, also when we let ruby out she goes every where that radley's been and marks her terrotery

we have had them in the bath together, and they just sit at either end, then when u take them out, ruby starts to hump radley's head and then the fighting starts, also when we let ruby out she goes every where that radley's been and marks her terrotery

You need neutral territory to bond them :D

Is your other bun neutered?

Check out the bonding threads on here :thumb: You need to bond them in a neutral place & neutralise everywhere either bun has been! Might take 1-2 weeks before the bond is cemented enough to allow free ranging in the house but it will be worth it :wave:

yes he is 18 months old and we had him neutered and 5 months old, he lived with our other house rabbit with no problems at all, but ruby and he have never got on:

yes he is 18 months old and we had him neutered and 5 months old, he lived with our other house rabbit with no problems at all, but ruby and he have never got on:

Have you tried bonding them properly? It really is worth reading up on :wave:

I would try bonding again, but if it doesn't work and you feel you still want to re-home it might be handy for you to state your location :D

but if it doesn't work and you feel you still want to re-home it might be handy for you to state your location :D

If it doesn't work, bunnies can't be rehomed via rabbit chat. :wave: The OP would need to send a PM to SOAD, who will list the bunny in the correct section of the forum - more details are here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-Rabbits-needing-rehoming-READ-THIS-FIRST

I agree, it would definitely be worth giving bonding another go before you consider rehoming - I'll try to find a couple of helpful links for you in a moment if I have time (the school run beckons!).

There is some great advice from janice on this thread - it mentions trios but the advice applies just as well to bonding a pair. :wave:

It may also be worth getting an experienced rescue or person to bond them, as not only will that persons house be 100% neutral, but they will be very experienced.

Think some of the bonding threads are in the archives now. Lara (Nursecroft) was bonding for some while before they gelled. Hers would be a good link.

The problem with bonding in the bath, is that you cant leave them in it for a week, so I wouldnt judge this attempt as it failed.

Where are you based??

house buns can be the most difficult to bond as there is often no neutral space.
As already been suggested , why not ask a local rescue to help you..?

Back